Hypothetical question - ensuring tenants leave

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetical question - ensuring tenants leave

Another hypothetical question for you all. I had the idea of a way perhaps to encourage tenants to move out voluntarily by the end of the notice period of S21, rather than having to evict. At the start of the tenancy, negotiate a seperate agreement, seperate from the AST, and take a form of deposit(perhaps a month or month and a half rent). This deposit seperate from any damage deposit, this should still be taken. Make an agreement that should the tenant refuse to leave after a valid notice period has elapsed, they shall forfeit this deposit.

Is this possible? I do realise that it would not have a widespread use, as not all that many tenants would be willing to do it. But would it be legal, and legally enforceable?
    Any posts by myself are my opinion ONLY. They should never be taken as correct or factual without confirmation from a legal professional. All information is given without prejudice or liability.

Many tenants have trouble finding the deposit, asking them to more than double it is likely to cause voids.

Comment

Yes Woofy I understand that, hence saying its use could not be widespread. But would it be legally binding?
      Any posts by myself are my opinion ONLY. They should never be taken as correct or factual without confirmation from a legal professional. All information is given without prejudice or liability.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X