Old T gives notice, new T signs up, old T changes mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't it be easier if the law were changed to force the residing tenant to compensate the new tenant?

Why penalise the LL? He hasn't done anything wrong in reality and has just acted on good faith.

Comment

The situation is really no different from one where you contract to buy on the basis that you have contracted to sell. If your buyer defaults you cannot plead frustration to get out of your contract to buy.

You can only plead frustration where the purpose of the contract is undermined.

Comment

And whereas great inconveniences have happened and may happen to landlords

As they said in 1737...

Comment

Originally posted by Lawcruncher View Post
          And whereas great inconveniences have happened and may happen to landlords

As they said in 1737...
          And more eloquently and better drafted than the current TDS debacle.
          On some things I am very knowledgeable, on other things I am stupid. Trouble is, sometimes I discover that the former is the latter or vice versa, and I don't know this until later - maybe even much later. Because of the number of posts I have done, I am now a Senior Member. However, read anything I write with the above in mind.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X