Sudden demand for tenancies of flats- Canary Wharf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sudden demand for tenancies of flats- Canary Wharf

As luck would have it four of my properties have all come empty at the same time. I have never had so many applicants for each property and the agents have achieved the asking price without question. The properties are in the South West. What are other landlords experiencing? Anyone with any idea what it's like in Canary Wharf at the moment?

Originally posted by Kathryn View Post
    As luck would have it four of my properties have all come empty at the same time. I have never had so many applicants for each property and the agents have achieved the asking price without question. The properties are in the South West. What are other landlords experiencing? Anyone with any idea what it's like in Canary Wharf at the moment?
    A bit wet?
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

I think the Wharf is the dry bit.....or did you mean me!!!

Comment

Well i think you should be all right in Kuwait, if i was you i wouldn't be worrying about property market over here I'd have my spade out and be digging for the liquid gold...
        My views and posts are based on my opinion and any advice given is just that, advice. If you decide to act on any advice given it is with the full knowledge that I am not perfect and anything I say could be wrong!

Comment

Actually I meant the weather! As far as the rental market goes...haven't a clue, sorry.
          'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Shouldn't Canary Wharf be near Birdcage Walk? Or is it aviary long distance?
            JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
            1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
            2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
            3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
            4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
              I thought they lived down coal mines. Or was that in the olden days? (When there WERE coal mines?)

Comment

As a tenant who keeps an eye on the market, 1 and 2 bed flats in London seem to be pretty much the same as a year ago (2 beds maybe even slightly cheaper). 3 bedroom plus properties seem to have increased somewhat, but not by anything like the price of butter.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
                  Are you raven mad? It's only a couple of miles as the crow flies!
                  Health Warning

I try my best to be accurate, but please bear in mind that some posts are written in a matter of seconds and often cannot be edited later on.

All information contained in my posts is given without any assumption of responsibility on my part. This means that if you rely on my advice but it turns out to be wrong and you suffer losses (of any kind) as a result, then you cannot sue me.

Comment

I have HMO's in London and due to the expense of all the works have been trying my luck with rents and seem to be achieving them eg if I was getting 100 for a room I now seem to be able to get 130 no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by agent46 View Post
                      Are you raven mad? It's only a couple of miles as the crow flies!
                      But what about pelicans and pigeons? One bird flu over the cuckoo's nest.
                      1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                      2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                      3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.

Comment

And big sceechy seagulls? That's why the Hull people all want to go to Barsnley.

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
                          And big sceechy seagulls? That's why the Hull people all want to go to Barsnley.

Did I awaken some kind of dormant loathing inside of you for the people of Hull? They seem to be getting some bad press recently but we musn't forget Maureen Lipman and John Alderton who are some of Hull's most prominent offspring.

That and the fact its twinned with Freetown in Sierra Leone
                          Last edited by Sorrel; 17-07-2008, 14:37 PM. Reason: buggered up
                          My views and posts are based on my opinion and any advice given is just that, advice. If you decide to act on any advice given it is with the full knowledge that I am not perfect and anything I say could be wrong!

Comment

John Prescott, too. Not so prominent, now, except in girth and mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by ah84 View Post
                              I have HMO's in London and due to the expense of all the works have been trying my luck with rents and seem to be achieving them eg if I was getting 100 for a room I now seem to be able to get 130 no problem.
                              Haven't been following room in HMOs, but this wouldn't surprise me at all. One of my friends is just about to rent one in a reasonable location for an astoundlingly low price, though.

If this is true, it seems that HMO rooms are getting to be even worse value than studios, which is really saying something. Luckily I generally live in 2 bed flats .

Pigeons are at a premium in St James's Park these days, by the way - most of them have been consumed.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X