Three quarter size bed - Recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three quarter size bed - Recommend?

Hi, can anyone recommend a decent three quarter size bed (4 foot)?

I'm after a divan with built in drawers.

I can't seem to find these anywhere! Argos do some by Silent Night, but not sure if the quality is going to be any good.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Why don't you want to provide a standard size double bed 4'6" or 135cm? Tenants' fitted sheets won't fit properly.

Comment

Most tenants demand a double bed, but the room is too small to fit a double bed. A three quarter sized one will just about fit.

Comment

What are the dimensions of this room please? Is this the only bedroom in the property?

Comment

Originally posted by ahfh1 View Post
          Most tenants demand a double bed, but the room is too small to fit a double bed. A three quarter sized one will just about fit.
          Barratts use 4' beds all the time in their show houses - plus the rooms never have doors fitted.

When the bed has a duvet on, nobody really notices the difference - until they try and get their king (or Queen) size into the room once bought.
          On some things I am very knowledgeable, on other things I am stupid. Trouble is, sometimes I discover that the former is the latter or vice versa, and I don't know this until later - maybe even much later. Because of the number of posts I have done, I am now a Senior Member. However, read anything I write with the above in mind.

Comment

hi city clearance http://www.doveinteriors.net/catalog...wprod&num=1288 are a company that do all size beds ex hotel furniture new and old got great web site and are very good value have a look

Comment

Originally posted by Poppy View Post
              What are the dimensions of this room please? Is this the only bedroom in the property?
              The room is 10 feet by 7 feet.

Comment

Thank you for sharing your issue with the members.

My thoughts are to supply a proper 4'6" or 135cm bed with one small bedside cabinet no more than 1' or 30cm wide.

I must tell you though that in my experience more often than not my incoming tenants bring their own bed. I therefore have a double bed that I dismantle and store in the loft ready for any incoming tenant without their own.

The answer is double or nothing!

Comment

As a bed-less tenant, I would prefer a double bed even if it meant less space in the room.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelican eats pigeon View Post
                    As a bed-less tenant, I would prefer a double bed even if it meant less space in the room.
                    Perhaps they'll suply a comely co-user of the bed: purely for research purposes, you understand.
                    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
                    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
                    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
                    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
                    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
                      Perhaps they'll suply a comely co-user of the bed: purely for research purposes, you understand.
                      Well, you never know - three people in a 4ft6 bed might be a bit of a squash though.

Comment

In my experience 4' beds are fine and a good compromise if the room is very small, as this one is. Incidentally, why does it have to be a divan? Divans are less comforable than a slatted base plus mattress, and go 'scabby' much more quickly, thus costing more in long run as they need replacing more often. For underbed storage , pull -out drawers on castors with lids are useful and cheap.

I'd recommend the bed centre on Kendal Main Street who supply very simple but well-made slatted frames in all sizes including 4', complete with good quality mattress for approx £200. They will deliver throughout the north for a reasonable price - or you can collect for self-assembly. Can't remember exact name but it will be in Cumbria phone book.
                        'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by Pelican eats pigeon View Post
                          From my experience, advertising a room with a single bed hardly attracts any viewings, hence my reason for squeezing in a threequarter size bed, as well as being able to command more rent.

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
                            In my experience 4' beds are fine and a good compromise if the room is very small, as this one is. Incidentally, why does it have to be a divan? Divans are less comforable than a slatted base plus mattress, and go 'scabby' much more quickly, thus costing more in long run as they need replacing more often. For underbed storage , pull -out drawers on castors with lids are useful and cheap.

I'd recommend the bed centre on Kendal Main Street who supply very simple but well-made slatted frames in all sizes including 4', complete with good quality mattress for approx £200. They will deliver throughout the north for a reasonable price - or you can collect for self-assembly. Can't remember exact name but it will be in Cumbria phone book.
                            I've decided not to go for a divan now as someone else also told me that divans don't last as long as beds with metal frames.

Comment

I wouldn't even go for a metal frame because it will probably get some tough treatment and wooden frames, if damaged, are much easier to repair than metal ones. (Unless that is, you have welding equipment and the skill to use it). Plus wooden beds do tend to have the edge aesthetically. Bottom of range metal beds smack of 1950's hosital wards or boarding schools.

I wouldn't agonise over it though.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X