Property dangerous but workmen refused entry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property dangerous but workmen refused entry

A conservatory attached to a property is in a dangerous condition (sorry, I don't know how bad, its not mine). The landlord wants to demolish it to make it safe but the tenant (already served with an S21) is refusing entry to workmen. What is the position, the workmen feel sufficiently intimidated not to want to force the matter but the landlord is worried about possible consequences.

As long as there have been repeated and documented efforts to gain access, then I would say that the landlord has shown due care, and that the tenant would have to take on responsibility himself were anything to happen. Go to court to gain access basically, and write a letter to the tenant stating that you cannot be held responsible for any injury if access is not granted. Do you know why the tenant is refusing access?

Just my opinion
    Any posts by myself are my opinion ONLY. They should never be taken as correct or factual without confirmation from a legal professional. All information is given without prejudice or liability.

Comment

Double post
      Last edited by MrShed; 10-11-2005, 20:32 PM.
      Any posts by myself are my opinion ONLY. They should never be taken as correct or factual without confirmation from a legal professional. All information is given without prejudice or liability.

Comment

Triple post
        Last edited by MrShed; 10-11-2005, 20:33 PM.

Comment

ALL RIGHT WE HEARD YOU

Are you trying to get your thousandth post!

I agree, LL has shown his duty of care and can stand by that in the event of a problem.

Comment

Oops!

Sorry about that problem with internet, didnt say it had submitted!

Admin/moderator please delete two of the above

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Renting a flat to a company
              Raiden328i
              In the small block were I live the guy below me in the shop me and my wife rent to him wants one of the flats next door which is now empty. He says he wants to stick his workers in it and I am just wondering how it works or if you can do it seeing as you have to register the deposit etc?
              21-07-2017, 14:02 PM
            • Reply to Renting a flat to a company
              MrShed
              *** UNHELPFUL POST ALERT ***

I've lost track of the number of times I've seen on this forum posts like this. Why would you consider going into business with someone who you dont trust due to previous issues? Walk away.

To answer slightly mroe definitively, you cant have a tenancy...
              21-07-2017, 14:19 PM
            • Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
              MrShed
              I've just posted something on GDPR and then wondered whether it had been discussed on here before - a quick search implies its never been mentioned.

I thought I would raise a topic to discuss it and the implications on landlords.In effect this is a replacement of the Data Protection Act...
              20-07-2017, 15:01 PM
            • Reply to Discussion - GDPR and implications on landlords
              jjlandlord
              The ones I have mentioned all explicitly state that they are compliant with Privacy Shield.

I mean, as said and repeated, if you are a cloud data provider in the EU and a minimum serious then your service complies with EU law...

Beyond that, they cannot check and be responsible...
              21-07-2017, 13:54 PM
              jpkeates
              The only popular (used by real people routinely) cloud supplier who claims compliance is Microsoft for Office 365 storage (since 2014).
              None of the other suppliers, as far as I can find out, claim to be compliant - although it's fudged on most of their "help" pages.

I am...
              A data storage strategy is important because digital storage media are inherently unreliable and all file formats and physical storage media will ultimately become obsolete.
              21-07-2017, 13:44 PM
              jjlandlord
              Read my comments again... Thank you for your contribution to the thread.

Privacy Shield has only been mentioned in relation to compliance with current rules.

As said, I'm sure providers will update their operations to comply with the GDPR,...
              21-07-2017, 13:33 PM
              MrShed
              I feel that GDPR is being misunderstood here (which is common).

Privacy Shield is one tick box (of many) towards GDPR compliance. It allows the "transfer" of data outside of the EU jurisdiction.

However, it doesnt (for example) address the needs for the Data Controller...
              21-07-2017, 13:25 PM
              tatemono
              backblaze is one such "serious" provider... and yet it doesn't let you choose....
              21-07-2017, 13:15 PM
              jjlandlord
              It currently allows to send data to the US legally. As said, if your provider either keeps the data in the EU or complies with Privacy Shield then there is no problem.

I have no doubt that storage providers will adapt to the GDPR so as to continue doing business legally in the EU. Landlords...
              21-07-2017, 12:20 PM
              jpkeates
              I was responding to this point.

And said

Many landlords store data on their phones, laptops and PCs.
              They don't have a data strategy in place, they just have documents and files that hold personal data.
              Those are often connected to a cloud service automatically...
              21-07-2017, 12:20 PM
            Working...
            X