Tenant vacated before the 2 months notice end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbine Terry View Post

Partly the reason why I don’t use agents is because if they make a mistake I know it will be my backside on the line, and I don’t want a cock-up.

You may wish to rephrase that 😀

Comment

Originally posted by artin View Post
      First of all there were many reasons to serve s21 because the rent was too low, it was rented during lock down, market is up in London, only 5% increase was granted in the contract, T didn't agree to pay near market price, new tenant are paying well over 25% than previous T.
      Additional information pertinent to the reasoning behind serving of notice none of which appears in the initial post.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon66 View Post

Additional information pertinent to the reasoning behind serving of notice none of which appears in the initial post.
        It's best not to base opinion on ifs, buts, probably and assumptions. Best to ask for the facts first.
        A big estate agency well known in London which owns number of estate agents with over 100 branches all over London, are well trained don't do mistakes.

Comment

A big estate agency well known in London which owns number of estate agents with over 100 branches all over London, are well trained don't do mistakes.
          You have more confidence in estate agents than I do but it seems like you are a lucky person so you may get away with it. I am curious to know why you are bothering with a forum like this when you have access to people who never make mistakes.

Comment

Indeed, for someone who didn't know a 6a is a s21, I'm flabbergasted at how clever this poster is!

Comment

Originally posted by davetg View Post

You have more confidence in estate agents than I do but it seems like you are a lucky person so you may get away with it. I am curious to know why you are bothering with a forum like this when you have access to people who never make mistakes.
              I know now it's no use for me.

Comment

It's best not to base opinion on ifs, buts, probably and assumptions. Best to ask for the facts first.
                Have a read of the OFT and Foxton's. A large agent whose arrogance got shot down by the OFT.

Comment

Glad I could help, I have been very grateful for the advice I have been given by many of the knowledgeable people on this forum and it's not often I can be of use

Comment

Let's hope that your recent run of good luck continues, and that your unequivocal faith in letting agents is never shown to have been misplaced. Please remember that you are putting your arse in their hands, and no-one wants to see you being on the receiving end of an agents’ enormous cock-up.
                    All advice given by me is purely on the basis of being ‘in my opinion’: please check with the relevant professional before acting on it. If my advice saves you money, mine's a pint.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbine Terry View Post

Let's hope that your recent run of good luck continues, and that your unequivocal faith in letting agents is never shown to have been misplaced. Please remember that you are putting your arse in their hands, and no-one wants to see you being on the receiving end of an agents’ enormous cock-up.
                      Such a turn of phrase 🤣🤣

Comment

T moved in noon 20 July, wants to start paying rent from noon 28th of the month:
                        Again, who’s telling you this nonsense?

Tenancies run from midnight to midnight.
                        Courts will treat them as if they do anyway, so there’s no point pretending otherwise.

If a 12 month agreement is less risky than a 24 month agreement, why isn’t a 6 month agreement even less risky?

You still haven’t explained why your agent seemed to think the section 21 notice would cause the tenant to leave.

When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Midnight or noon, same result, 8 days rent, agent agreed which matters. Chat lines have different opinions with ifs, buts, probably and assumptions which don't work in real life.
                          0 to 7 including 7 equals 8. Simple maths.

6 months is less risky but too short period makes impractical for residential lettings.

Comment

Midnight or noon, same result, 8 days rent, agent agreed which matters. Chat lines have different opinions with ifs, buts, probably and assumptions which don't work in real life.
                            0 to 7 including 7 equals 8. Simple maths.

6 months is less risky but too short period makes impractical for residential lettings.
                            Do you ever write in sentence form-most of your posts make little sense ,sorry.

Comment

All of my properties are let on six month terms.
                              However, I am not letting in London which is a different market.

I cannot imagine a let in London with a six month fixed term being any kind of obstacle, other than to your agent if they book management fees in advance.

You still haven’t explained why your agent seemed to think the section 21 notice would cause the tenant to leave.
                              When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                              Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

I don't need to explain anything, my agent works for me and know best.

People can't count rent days

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to s8 and s21 notice periods for contractual periodic tenancy
                                  by DoricPixie
                                  For both notices the notice period is 2 months and does not have to align with tenancy periods. Courts deem notices sent my first class post as served 2 working days after it is posted....get proof of postage.

Speaking with the tenant before serving notice is a good idea so the notice...
                                  15-08-2022, 01:42 AM
                                • s8 and s21 notice periods for contractual periodic tenancy
                                  by LastBus
                                  Hi,
                                  I let a flat to a tenant on an AST in England which has been running for a few years on a contractual periodic basis. I have now found myself in a position where I need to live in the property.

I did serve the s8 "prior grounds" notice (Ground 1 and 2) before the start...
                                  15-08-2022, 01:07 AM
                                • Reply to Guarantor has announced they wont be paying!
                                  by DoricPixie
                                  I don’t think you’ll get the property back by October either. The tenant is angling for social housing and the council will advise her to hand in until bailiffs physically removed her from the property. Insurance companies and solicitors can’t make the process go any faster. A solicitor might...
                                  14-08-2022, 22:51 PM
                                • Guarantor has announced they wont be paying!
                                  by lordluvus
                                  The girl works in HM service with good ref and actually always paid her half, her dopey partner, was newly self employed and has a guarantor. (family member). Tenant got pregnant but has always paid her half, if sometimes late. Now they have a 1 yr old baby boy. This month she has paid 60% but the rest...
                                  14-08-2022, 19:36 PM
                                • Reply to Future Issues for LL and Tenants
                                  by DoricPixie
                                  Properly insulated properties also help to keep the air cool inside during summer. Much in the same way a Thermos flask can keep its contents either hot or cold.

If you had a well insulated home then you wouldn’t need larger radiators to use with heat pumps. Once you reached the desired...
                                  14-08-2022, 22:44 PM
                                • Future Issues for LL and Tenants
                                  by Hudson01
                                  Looking at the news today (similar to yesterday and the day before), they are talking about combined energy bills of 4-5k a year...... by April 2023. There are many properties up north where the combined rental per annum is between 6-7k....... that is insane.

Could we have a situation...
                                  13-08-2022, 22:08 PM
                                • Reply to Gas Central Heating Included in Rent
                                  by ash72
                                  I really can't see the new PM (who ever that is) is going to reach into their pockets to then give out more money, If they do I think it's going to be like the winter payment, only selected people will be eligible, and guess what LL's will not be one of them.

What other countries are doing...
                                  14-08-2022, 21:21 PM
                                • Gas Central Heating Included in Rent
                                  by patray
                                  I am trying to work out the best way to recoup some of the increase in the cost of the gas given that we can only put up the rent once a year but the cost is going to be increased in October and probably every 3 months.

It's not possible to forsee how much prices will rise or what help...
                                  14-08-2022, 14:03 PM
                                • Reply to Gas Central Heating Included in Rent
                                  by Hudson01
                                  I think the govt will step in of sorts but they cannot cover the increase in the rates for the whole population and industry !! Not a chance, i agree we do not know how much, but we have a really good idea that it will be massive. If you do not work this out correctly you will be taking a lot more than...
                                  14-08-2022, 21:11 PM
                                • Reply to Guarantor has announced they wont be paying!
                                  by Hudson01
                                  I doubt very much you will get the house back by October, the tenant has been told the usual by the local authority and will put up a fight, so do not count on your plans going....... to plan. In terms of the guarantor, its in the lap of the gods, if all tickity boo, then great but any flaws at all...
                                  14-08-2022, 21:02 PM
                                Working...
                                X