Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evicted and left a few bits

I been evicted today and I’ve left a few bits of stuff ,

marble table and dining chairs , mattress 2 sofas ect ect boxes of stuff , curtains , few boxes of clothes and shoes , and sideboards and all my garden stuff

How long have I got to remove all this?

Did you have no notice of eviction? Takes months doesn't it? Surely you'd have time to pack?
    To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

I doubt you will be given access, you should contact the LL and ask when is a convenient time to pick up your belongings. These are large items, most likely the LL will leave them outside on the date you agree, if they are stolen or taken by anyone there will be no liability on the LL. Also I doubt you will have an opportunity to keep going and picking up things, if it was me, you would have one chance to collect your items.

Comment

I am sure the landlord wishes them gone as much as you want them in your possession. Call him or her and arrange a van to pick them up, it would be normal for the ' man & a van' to be allowed in to pick up the heavy items, but i doubt very much you will be allowed in. The sooner the stuff is gone the quicker he/she can get it re-let.

Comment

Originally posted by JK0 View Post
          Did you have no notice of eviction? Takes months doesn't it? Surely you'd have time to pack?
          Had notice of eviction and stuff but couldn’t find a house I’m currrntly staying at a caravan park. Until I get my new house next week…

will the LL give me a date to remove rest of belongings

Comment

Hudson01,

Right ok so I haven’t lost my belongings and they can’t Chuck it away?

Comment

No, they are not the landlords property and i am sure he or she does not want them anyway, it is reasonable that when a tenant is evicted they do not move out their 3 piece suite, washer, dryer, table, chairs, bed etc all in the hour it takes to evict, so coming back for the '' big stuff''' is perfectly normal.

But just call them and arrange a one time only pick up.
              Last edited by Moderator2; 06-07-2022, 21:15 PM.

Comment

right ok I was crying my eyes out when I left it all it means so much to me all my stuff. I thought omg I have to start again!

so all I want to know is that I can collect my things and cut the house off after that. And when I arrive on that day that I won’t turn up to it all not being there.

Comment

But you have to have this all pre-arranged with the landlord, he or she may not feel too accomodating given they have just gone through a lot of hassle to evict you, but in the end, your stuff is just clogging up their property and they will want it gone.

Be prepared for not going in and having moving men (or women) doing the fetching and carrying.

Comment

so they can’t take my stuff away then that’s all I am worried about

Comment

Originally posted by betsy2040 View Post
                      so they can’t take my stuff away then that’s all I am worried about
                      They can't legally just take your stuff away.
                      They may not know that or they may and not care.
                      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

I know a landlord who arranged to meet the tenant to collect his belongings and it was done in office hours and the landlord didn’t want the ex tenant on his property so place it outside then waited over a hour for the tenant to show and then left !
                        5pm he had the police knock at his door and he explained what had happened and the emails and they concluded the tenant was a idiot .
                        And as the tenant has suffered a loss the landlord had a rye smile.

Comment

Genuine question…

If the tenant was in arrears at the time of eviction can the landlord sell the tenant’s belongings to try and recoup some of the arrears?

Comment

No, although likely, it is not 100% certain that all the goods are owned by the tenant, they could belong to others, there is no way to tell who owns what.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X