How to hedge your bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to hedge your bets

I've had an enormous amount of prospective T's applying for a property I've recently advertised, I've interviewed all, and filtered out those of a weaker financial background. I just wanted to know how others manage to not lose out on a potential T, when you are going with one person, in the past I've accepted and gone through the reference and credit checks, then some don't bother supplying the information other's have lied initially in their application, and when going back to those who had seen it, they are no longer interested (may be due to the fact that they weren't chosen, which may be understandable), or they have progressing with another property, how do others manage it so that you can go to your 2nd or potentially 3rd choice T, when the 1st one is not successful, what do others say to them to keep them potentially on standby? As I've had to then relist the property once again and back to the drawing board.

Just don't tell them they're rejected until your first choice guy clinches it, surely?
    To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Yes, but I can't see them hanging around without any answer for 5 days or more. Wanted to know more stalling tactics.

Comment

How about if you provide an online questionaire for viewers to complete before viewing? Then you'll at least know who the referees are.
        To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

I would tell them all upfront that until you have seen a decent number of prospective tenants a decision will not be made.... if they really want the the place then they will wait... if not.... plenty more out there.

Comment

If you are not 99% sure before you do the credit check there is some problem with your own checking. The purpose of the credit check is to see whether they have lied to you about the restricted range of things the credit check is useful for (in which case you will keep their holding deposit). I only do credit checks at all about 5% of the time.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X