Inform tenant of rent increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inform tenant of rent increase

I intend to slightly increase rent on my rental property. The tenant has been in for 12 months. I know I have to give one months notice but how do I go about informing the tenant ?

If you trust them to pay, you could email an informal note requesting a rent increase. If not, then use a a section 13 notice, (this assumes there is no rent review clause in your contract).

Comment

As above, start off informally, if they start paying the new rent, it's been accepted.

Comment

I had a chat with my tenants and they all agreed to the rise (it was not too much), i backed it up with an email and that was it, the DD was amended and off we go..... easy enough, if you have normal tenants who listen to common sense, if not.........

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson01 View Post
          I had a chat with my tenants and they all agreed to the rise (it was not too much), i backed it up with an email and that was it, the DD was amended and off we go..... easy enough, if you have normal tenants who listen to common sense, if not.........
          Any particular wording I should use ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bridge2020 View Post

Any particular wording I should use ?
            By Chat i really do mean that, i get on well with them all so i simply said that the rent had not gone up in a few years and with increased costs for tax etc that i needed to increase the rent to make this renting '' milarkee'' work, they understood and said they had been expecting me to do this for the past couple of years !!!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X