X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right To Buy - Well Written Article

Just something i found................

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...e_iOSApp_Other

A good article. The real issue was that council houses should have been replaced by a new build when sold off. In Vienna social housing caters for all classes. Good social housing would be the death knell for estate agents.I love social housing for so many reasons.

Comment

Typically for the Guardian it neatly fails to tell you about the nice timescale it chooses

For example in 1938 less than a third of Britons were home owners. And very little of the other 2/3 was housing provided by the taxpayer/state. Starting the story with Maggie is to tell a lie.

Comment

It is indeed a well written article. In the 1980s I had the impression we were selling off the family silver - utility companies, building societies etc in addition to social housing to make a short term gain.

I can't see why the sale of council houses in England is at least suspended( I believe it is already stopped in Scotland and Wales) and properly policed to ensure that the system is not abused. In London the difference between private and Social renting is massive - to such a degree that being allocated a Council House is akin to winning the pools. In the meantime Local Councils are forced to put families in hostels or hotel rooms at an inflated cost.

This system is well due an overhaul.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X