Barristers Strike - Could it impact the PRS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barristers Strike - Could it impact the PRS ?

Could the strikes to come have an effect on evictions or will it have no impact at all ?

I'm sure it will have a knock on effect, the criminal cases currently have a backlog of 56k, and if T's require legal aid then this will impact them.

Comment

I think it is only the criminal bar which is on strike. It should not affect evictions.

Comment

Originally posted by ash72 View Post
        if T's require legal aid then this will impact them.
        Although not related to the current strike; this proposed legal aid change may have an impact on possession hearings etc. in a couple of years time:
        https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/news/ho...112768.article

Comment

Only the Criminal Defence Barristers that are striking.
          I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Are they abandoning bailiffs then?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to SDLT relief for multiple dwellings
              by AndrewDod
              I don't know the answer, but if true this would be an absolute outrage.

Some little kid buying their own home where granny left them a quarter of a house that is rented out pays 3% additional tax

Someone who buys 8 properties pays 1%

Pity us all
              10-08-2022, 19:32 PM
            • SDLT relief for multiple dwellings
              by BIGGYBIBIG
              Hello everyone,
              I have had an offer accepted on a property purchase, subject to a surveyors report of £395,000 in England.

I am currently looking at surveyors but i just wanted to know where i stand in terms of stamp duty, costs etc.

I have phoned 5 different solicitors
              10-08-2022, 19:20 PM
            • Reply to Winter of Unpaid Bills
              by SouthernDave
              Good point...
              10-08-2022, 19:09 PM
            • Winter of Unpaid Bills
              by jpucng62
              Does anyone think their tenants are ready for the huge rises in energy bills this winter? Given that unit prices are expected to more than double from where we are now (and that is a big rise already) does anyone think tenants really have a grasp on this?

With mortgage rates going up fast...
              10-08-2022, 10:50 AM
              by DPT57
              I'm more concerned at the possibility of a winter of unheated rental properties and then the tenants expecting me to deal with the resultant mold.
              10-08-2022, 19:04 PM
            • Reply to Dps deposit
              by Codger
              I think the deposit of five weeks rent is more trouble than its worth. Not taking deposits means being a bit more selective in choosing tenants.
              Considering the value of the asset the tenants are trusted with the deposit rules are crazy. But thats only one of the red tape obstacles to being a...
              10-08-2022, 18:22 PM
            • Dps deposit
              by Jm1972
              Hi All,

i would be grateful if I could get some help please.

I got an estate agents to find me a tenant and do all the paperwork and get proof of service for everything, tenant moved in and paid deposit just over a week ago.

The estate agents took the deposit from...
              08-08-2022, 22:40 PM
              by jpkeates
              The daft thing is that because people will owe them the money, it won't even affect the energy company profits.
              10-08-2022, 16:52 PM
            • Reply to Dps deposit
              by jpkeates
              Looking after a significant amount of someone else's money is not a trivial undertaking.

I spent most of my career designing and building business solutions to replace manual processes.
              So I have a reasonable idea of what's possible.

There's nothing in it but downside...
              10-08-2022, 16:50 PM
              by Hudson01
              As said the idea of simply not paying is in the realms of crazy. They can get a warrant and fit a pre-payment meter to the house without your consent, i understand they will not be able to do this with everyone but the message will soon go out if they target the 1st few thousand, and as said your credit...
              10-08-2022, 16:47 PM
            Working...
            X