Barristers Strike - Could it impact the PRS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barristers Strike - Could it impact the PRS ?

Could the strikes to come have an effect on evictions or will it have no impact at all ?

I'm sure it will have a knock on effect, the criminal cases currently have a backlog of 56k, and if T's require legal aid then this will impact them.

Comment

I think it is only the criminal bar which is on strike. It should not affect evictions.

Comment

Originally posted by ash72 View Post
        if T's require legal aid then this will impact them.
        Although not related to the current strike; this proposed legal aid change may have an impact on possession hearings etc. in a couple of years time:
        https://www.lawgazette.co.uk/news/ho...112768.article

Comment

Only the Criminal Defence Barristers that are striking.
          I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Are they abandoning bailiffs then?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Wanting a way Out. Need help!
              by JK0
              We have one or two inexperienced landlords here who are always wiping their tenants' bums.

Find a self-reliant minority in your area (here it's Romanians) and try to get their friends to take your properties as they fall vacant. I rarely hear from my tenants.
              17-08-2022, 22:29 PM
            • Wanting a way Out. Need help!
              by crutherford
              Well I know this is a UK forum, but it is a popular one. So I thought I'd see if there's any advice here for a small landlord.
              I'm in the U.S. I have worked all my life, saved my money, and spent the last 15 years of my working career 'contracting' or working temp jobs, which always ended up in...
              17-08-2022, 03:55 AM
            • Reply to Order for possession Q
              by shoobydoo
              small question, but if the possession order says tenant must leave "before" 30/8, can OP not start arranging bailiffs on 30/8?...
              17-08-2022, 19:58 PM
            • Order for possession Q
              by patrick27
              Hello everybody, I received a order for possession (accelerated procedure) it says my tenant should leave my property before 30/8. The tenant already had an opportunity to file a defence and request a hearing but didn’t.

So my question is, am I plain sailing now? Or could they yet still...
              17-08-2022, 14:23 PM
            • Reply to Wanting a way Out. Need help!
              by shoobydoo
              Oh dear, you do seem to be in a pickle.

Firstly, are you being selective enough when choosing your tenants or just choosing anyone so as to avoid void periods? Bit concerning that all 5 families are high maintenance, and that tenants are regularly "bolting".

Next,...
              17-08-2022, 19:44 PM
            • Reply to £500,000 of taxes spent - another anti L/l move
              by gnvqsos
              ash72,

I think you will discover that many benefit recipients are exceptional money managers-after all the blind ,disabled and retired are practised at the art and have years of experience. You seem well-acquainted with this socio-economic group-are you a social researcher or a mere saloon...
              17-08-2022, 18:29 PM
            • £500,000 of taxes spent - another anti L/l move
              by steaming
              Social housing tenants will be able to get training and support to speak up and complain about issues with their landlord, the government has announced. 

A £500,000 grant to provide training, boost confidence and offer toolkits for residents on a range of social housing issues has now...
              17-08-2022, 15:01 PM
            • Reply to £500,000 of taxes spent - another anti L/l move
              by ash72
              Those T's who claim benefits, were empowered when UC came about, making them responsible for the money the government gave them to use how they wanted, some misused this as they weren't equipped on their responsibilities on paying LL's on time, etc, and spent the money on whatever they wanted to. They...
              17-08-2022, 17:50 PM
            • Reply to Council tenants still not able to move out after two months is due
              by jpkeates
              Being practical, the chances of a letting agent serving a valid section 21 notice are quite slim.
              But, on 1st September you can, in theory, apply to a court for a possession order.
              If the section 21 notice is valid, there isn't any defence.

You're right about the 42 days - but...
              17-08-2022, 17:43 PM
            • Council tenants still not able to move out after two months is due
              by freezing_sy
              Basically council still have not found them the next house. I'm so desperate and need them go. What can I do please? They are foster family, apparently very volunerable as people may think. But they terribly damaged my house, they have also cancelled UC direct payment. I need them go......
              16-08-2022, 21:11 PM
            Working...
            X