Getting information on a tenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting information on a tenant

I need to get some information on my tenant.

Is there a way I can get a court order for another organisation to release the information they have on a client?

Say I know which college a person goes to, could I get a court order for the college to give me the lastest known address of the student? I have a CCJ against this person for rent arrrears.

If this is possible what's the procedure for that?

Also I red somewhere that it is possible to do a search with the tax office to find out who is the latest employer of a person. Is this true? And how could this be done?

Here's a link to HM Revenue & Customs to get you going.

Comment

Data Protection Act 1998 - s35

Section 35 of the DPA 1998 allows organisations to disclose personal information even against the subject's wishes in certain circumstances, viz:

"35 Disclosures required by law or made in connection with legal proceedings etc
      (1) Personal data are exempt from the non-disclosure provisions where the disclosure is required by or under any enactment, by any rule of law or by the order of a court.
      (2) Personal data are exempt from the non-disclosure provisions where the disclosure is necessary—
      (a) for the purpose of, or in connection with, any legal proceedings (including prospective legal proceedings), or
      (b) for the purpose of obtaining legal advice,
      or is otherwise necessary for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal rights."

Comment

Originally posted by Editor View Post
        Section 35 of the DPA 1998 allows organisations to disclose personal information even against the subject's wishes in certain circumstances, viz:

"35 Disclosures required by law or made in connection with legal proceedings etc
        (1) Personal data are exempt from the non-disclosure provisions where the disclosure is required by or under any enactment, by any rule of law or by the order of a court.
        (2) Personal data are exempt from the non-disclosure provisions where the disclosure is necessary—
        (a) for the purpose of, or in connection with, any legal proceedings (including prospective legal proceedings), or
        or is otherwise necessary for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal rights."

Thanks for that.

Do you know, What court order I need to get issued for the organisation to give this information.

What is it called?

Comment

Information

I don't think you will need a court order - just write quoting s35 DPA or get your solicitors to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Editor View Post

unfortunately this exception isn't mandatory and they can refuse (and will) for any reason and none.

Are you trying to trace someone? Maybe i can help?
            Best Regards

PI Guy

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X