Property abandonment - but rent was paid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be inclined to talk to her parents and offer to take all the children's possessions etc to them and ask them if you offered the sum of £500 pounds (in cash) if she would give you the house keys back . That way you have effectivly Foreclosed and she will have surrendered her tenancy by handing you the keys back.
    (although the professional legal people on her may pick holes in my suggestion, at least if it works you shorten the period the property is without a tenant, and she gets £500 in cash that the Benefits agency dont know about) Good Luck.

Comment

I think I'd serve a common law Notice To Quit both at the property and through her social worker. If she doesn't move back in, her tenancy would end on expiry.

Comment

Another Fine Mess,

Why offer her any money? This seems to be evidence that the landlord has erred in some way. By not informing the agency the person is acting to defraud the state ,and condoning malpractice.

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
          Or is attempting an illegal eviction.
          Not at all.I gave 24 hours notice by text/email that I would enter the property to make it safe. The electricity (metered) was already off. So I turned off gas and water as per my building insurers requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Another Fine Mess View Post
            I would be inclined to talk to her parents and offer to take all the children's possessions etc to them and ask them if you offered the sum of £500 pounds (in cash) if she would give you the house keys back . That way you have effectivly Foreclosed and she will have surrendered her tenancy by handing you the keys back.
            (although the professional legal people on her may pick holes in my suggestion, at least if it works you shorten the period the property is without a tenant, and she gets £500 in cash that the Benefits agency dont know about) Good Luck.
            But her parents are not in contact with her. She has effectively abandoned her home and children.

Comment

Originally posted by DPT57 View Post
              I think I'd serve a common law Notice To Quit both at the property and through her social worker. If she doesn't move back in, her tenancy would end on expiry.
              I have spoken with her social worker - who has told me she has not got consent to even speak with me. I have asked that she tells T that I am serving s21. But could she please let me know her intentions.
              I am now not receiving rent.

Comment

Originally posted by gnvqsos View Post
                Another Fine Mess,

Why offer her any money? This seems to be evidence that the landlord has erred in some way. By not informing the agency the person is acting to defraud the state ,and condoning malpractice.
                Going through the correct procedure is going to be costly enough! I am certainly not paying her, as I agree, it appears I am acting illegally.

Comment

Serve the common law notice too.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X