Tenants want to put brackets up on living room wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Interlaken View Post
    Depends what the wall is made of and what type of fixings they intend using. If I thought this a good position for the TV I might install the bracket myself so it can be left behind for next tenant.
    I'm thinking of asking them to leave it as it would be cheaper than getting the holes filled, the wallpaper replaced and painted. The problem might be that the next tenants would want a different sized bracket.

It's all academic really, as I'll be selling this particular property when these tenants leave in a few years time (their choice as they're saving up to buy). I'm only selling due to EPC regs (if they come in) as it would be far too expensive to externally insulate the property and I'd never recoup the expenditure.

Comment

Why not ask the tenant to supply materials and fit them yourself, for a proper job?

Comment

gnvqsos you have a touching faith in my DIY abilities. Although I would consider stripping all the lining paper myself, and getting a plasterer to re plaster. I hate lining paper and when I gets damp it is a hidey place for mould.

Comment

Well do not let damp properties. Ventilate rooms.

Comment

Sure. There are windows, a vented tumble dryer, a Karcher and air extractor fan in the bathroom etc. But if tenants drape wet towels in radiators as is their wont, it creates damp. I now leave a laminated instruction sheet re avoiding damp in the property, let’s see if it works.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X