How to evict professional tenant?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by CharlesRiver View Post

    Thanks for pointing out this. I thought the eviction specialist could represent me in the court.
    If it's Mr Shamplina, I believe he is a solicitor.
    To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.


      Thank you for your advice jpkeates . The tenant told me that he is well-educated especially in law. He said he has sued a few landlords before and he knows the procedures. He said he will have very expensive solicitor to work for him.

      I think he will show up, because his target is 30K from me.

      I will be there.


        Originally posted by JK0 View Post

        If it's Mr Shamplina, I believe he is a solicitor.
        Thank you JK0 . I will ask if Mr Shamplina could represent me.



          The tenant sounds like a delusional bampot. How is he going to afford a very expensive solicitor?

          Do you know if the council in which the rental property is located has landlord licensing? I’m trying to figure out where he’s getting this £30k figure from.



            Thanks for your question. There is no need to get the landlord licensing from the council of my property is located.

            The tenant said my house has been in disrepair the first day when he moved in and caused his family health issues, so he needs me to compensate for all he has been experienced.

            The problem is that he changed his phone number quickly after he moved in, and never responded to my mails. He declined the access of my representative to view the status of the house and refused to leave in the past few years. I don't understand his logic at all. If the house status were really bad, shouldn't he have had run away immediately, or left after the first fixed-term tenancy ended? By the way, he plans to stay in my house for two more years for free, because he said his previous landlord took two years to fight with him in the court, and he won. He has young children.


            Latest Activity


            • Reply to Sec 21 & Notice to Quit in same claim
              by Lawcruncher
              I cannot cite an authority, but I think that that has to be void for uncertainty....
              09-08-2022, 09:59 AM
            • Sec 21 & Notice to Quit in same claim
              by Carly
              I have a dodgy LL who issues Licences to occupy instead of tenancies. He knows he's on dodgy ground and has failed to get possession against a previous person because of it. He wants me out on a no fault basis (has called me a professional tenant for daring to get him to supply hot water and other things)!...
              18-06-2022, 14:53 PM
            • Reply to S8 Court Hearing
              by theartfullodger
              Assuming this is arrears, be aware tenant may claim there are outstanding repairs to be done (you'd probably disagree..) and if judge agrees with T then arrears reduced by judge's assessment of cost of repairs.

              I.e. be prepared

              Why not s21 please?
              09-08-2022, 09:57 AM
            • S8 Court Hearing
              by Steampigs
              Hi All

              I have a hearing scheduled to evict my tenant using a Section 8 notice.

              I have lodged my claim online (PCOL), but what other documents will I require?
              I assume:-
              Tenancy Agreement
              S8 and Certificate of Service
              Updated amount of arrears
              08-08-2022, 21:27 PM
            • Reply to Sec 21 & Notice to Quit in same claim
              by Lawcruncher
              It certainly looks like a tenancy, but there has to be doubt that it is an AST. The agreement contains a clause which says: "You shall a licensee and no relationship of landlord or tenant is created".

              To repeat and expand on what I said above, schedule 2A to the Housing...
              09-08-2022, 09:56 AM
            • Reply to Can I serve Section 21 Notice?
              by jpkeates
              Having no tenancy agreement means that if the tenants don't leave and you go to court, you can't use the accelerated procedure.

              From what you've written, the only issue seems to be the EPC.
              09-08-2022, 09:36 AM
            • Can I serve Section 21 Notice?
              by Rubz2009
              Hi was hoping for some advise.
              I have tentants in my property on a AST agreement which started in 2013 and has been rolling to date. Tenants are behind on their rent by a couple of months (during covid times which they believe they still do not need to pay) and also always late on monthly payments...
              08-08-2022, 18:49 PM
            • Reply to Dps deposit
              by artin
              "I got the estate agents to put the deposit into my DPS account "? The agent usually transfer deposit into my bank a/c and I put it into my DPS a/c, is it possible for the agent put into your DPS account?

              DPS will issue "deposit certificate" within 1-3 days, stating...
              09-08-2022, 09:19 AM
            • Dps deposit
              by Jm1972
              Hi All,

              i would be grateful if I could get some help please.

              I got an estate agents to find me a tenant and do all the paperwork and get proof of service for everything, tenant moved in and paid deposit just over a week ago.

              The estate agents took the deposit from...
              08-08-2022, 22:40 PM
            • Reply to Sec 21 & Notice to Quit in same claim
              by jpkeates
              There's a term in the agreement that allows the landlord to increase the rent without limit at any time.

              So, in theory, the tenant has already agreed to the increase.
              And the existence of that clause means a section 13 notice can't be used (and the landlord can't admit it's a tenancy,...
              09-08-2022, 08:37 AM