Renting: No-fault evictions to be banned in England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doobrey View Post
    On reflection I think the solution is clear: Dog reference.
    Hmm. I'm thinking that might work as well as tenant references, if they give a good one to get rid of Fido.
    To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Covent Garden Girl View Post
      Well I do think it is unfair that home owners can have pets and renters can't.

When I rented between selling one property and buying another, everywhere said "no pets". I simply showed up, offered on the flat, explained I had a dog and offered to pay six months' rent in advance, and that worked. But if you can't afford to do that, it's totally unfair that you can't have a dog.

I would accept tenants with a dog. I would only accept a cat if it were an unfurnished let or if the deposit was more than the cost of all the furniture, because those pesky cats use their nasty claws to pick at all the furniture. But in principle, renters should be allowed pets.
      Renters have less choice as they do not own the house and forfeit the right to have pets. If you want to gain parity you need to perhaps consider buying a house. If your income in inadequate change jobs .Incidentally dogs ae not essential, unless you have a disability .I do like dogs and would not want one in my house.-and, although several of my tenants have dogs I do vet the dogs and particularly their owners.Many let dogs defecate in gardens and do not remove the turds that ensue-walking the dog is an anathema..

Comment

Wow! I don't know what kind of weird dogs have been in your place.

I have my own dog and I am an owner occupier, and I have had no damage of any sorts. Here's my little poppet on my bed this morning. She's nearly 14.

I can't imagine how a dog can damage skirting boards, architraves, doors, or floors. Carpets yes, if the dog is not house trained.

I'm so sorry JK0 that you have had such bad experiences of dogs.
        You have illustrated the manner in which dogs are indulged by some owners-having dogs on or in beds would be proscribed in my household.

Comment

Originally posted by doobrey View Post
          On reflection I think the solution is clear: Dog reference.
          Signed by two pedigree pooches, with double paw prints in red wax.

Let's face it, it just more rules imposed on us all which in the end will keep chipping away at the PRS and cause more landlords to sell up and raise rents even more, cause and effect. It's just so simple.

Comment

I can't imagine how a dog can damage skirting boards, architraves, doors, or floors.

https://youtu.be/_WRT8yNFsjs

Comment

Originally posted by boletus View Post
              The tenants who caused all that damage should be made to live on the street for 10 years. Total animals that obviously can’t exist in a civilised society.

I’ve seen a dog totally destroy a house, where there shouldn’t have been any pets at all. The tenants got a staffy and it ATE (eaten) the kitchen units, doors, architraves, stairs, even the PVC door at the back of the property.
              the landlord was totally heart broken when he saw the house. It was his family home that he rented out.

im not a dog lover at all, but I can see why people like them. However, I still don’t understand why someone would want to bring an animal into their home.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernDave View Post
                However, I still don’t understand why someone would want to bring an animal into their home.
                Turning that round a little, a great proportion of the issues that we encounter as issues on the forum(s) would be avoided if people didn't rent out their own homes.
                When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by boletus View Post
                  Holy sweet Jesus......... that is insane. Talk about scum tenants.

Comment

Well there are so many people nowadays that simply can't afford to buy a house, I don't think it's fair that they "forfeit" the right to have pets??

And I sold a house after 20 years of home ownership and bought another one, but had to rent whilst doing it up, and I have a dog - what would I have done if no renters could have dogs?

Originally posted by gnvqsos View Post

Renters have less choice as they do not own the house and forfeit the right to have pets. If you want to gain parity you need to perhaps consider buying a house. If your income in inadequate change jobs .Incidentally dogs ae not essential, unless you have a disability .I do like dogs and would not want one in my house.-and, although several of my tenants have dogs I do vet the dogs and particularly their owners.Many let dogs defecate in gardens and do not remove the turds that ensue-walking the dog is an anathema..

Comment

You have illustrated the manner in which dogs are indulged by some owners-having dogs on or in beds would be proscribed in my household.
                      My dog has slept on my bed every night for the last 13.5 years.

I'm not sure why you think that is a problem?

In fact, my dog sleeps on top of a duvet cover that I bought in Harrods, the brand is Celsos de Limos, from Portugal, and the duvet cover alone cost me £1,400. What's the problem exactly?????

Comment

My dog has slept on my bed every night for the last 13.5 years.

I'm not sure why you think that is a problem?

In fact, my dog sleeps on top of a duvet cover that I bought in Harrods, the brand is Celsos de Limos, from Portugal, and the duvet cover alone cost me £1,400. What's the problem exactly?????
                        I simply would not allow a dog to sleep on my bed. .Dogs are animals and to treat them otherwise removes their dignity. Anthropomorphism is a human indulgence .Thankyou for stressing you have sufficient funds to buy from Harrods-very impressive .I buy textiles from Iberia,and have accounts with Poundstretchers of Oporto ,Lidl of Lisbon, and Aldi of Amarante..My friends with dogs stick them on the floor with £1 blankets from charity shops.

Comment

I don't think it's fair that they "forfeit" the right to have pets??

And I sold a house after 20 years of home ownership and bought another one, but had to rent whilst doing it up, and I have a dog - what would I have done if no renters could have dogs?
                          Pay for it!

I've just had a £5K vet bill. I don't expect everyone else to pay for it.

Comment

No wonder tenants think landlords are caning it. For £5000 you feed many hungry children-at £25 per week for four years.

Comment

Well there are so many people nowadays that simply can't afford to buy a house, I don't think it's fair that they "forfeit" the right to have pets??

If you can’t afford something, you don’t have the right to the same. If you can’t afford your own home then that means you can’t have the luxuries that come with that.
                              i can’t afford a lamborghini aventador, does that mean I have the right to one? This is the attitude that’s killing this country in my opinion, ive said in on here before. Why do people think they have a right to something just for being able to breathe.

Comment

No wonder tenants think landlords are caning it. For £5000 you feed many hungry children-at £25 per week for four years.
                                What do you think is a reasonable vet bill for keeping a male Giant Panda?

Their accommodation and feeding costs are high as well but they pay for themselves with the stud fees.

He just eats shoots and leaves.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X