Renting: No-fault evictions to be banned in England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hudson01 View Post
    If so, what if your tenant over the years has become very vulnerable, will they refuse ? Can they ?
    Not if England follows the Scottish model, if the landlord satisfies the court (Tribunal in Scotland) that they are genuinely planning to sell (which doesn't look very hard), the court doesn't have any discretion.

There's a possible sanction if the property doesn't then get sold.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

If private tenants cannot offload problematic tenants, they are in effect relieving the state of their duty to house people. .It is not about strengthening rights. Rather it a strategy that will allow government to abdicate their duty to the poor and the vulnerable. Two birds with one statute.

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
        Not if England follows the Scottish model, the court doesn't have any discretion.
        Keep up at the back!

"The Scottish Government is aiming to sign into law Part 4 of the Coronavirus Bill (Recovery and Reform) (Scotland). The legislation would permanently make all grounds for eviction discretionary"

Link in the next post due to pre-empting bizarre LLZ post moderation.

(Note, the innocuous link below was posted 2 minutes later but probably won't show up until tomorrow).

Comment

https://www.property118.com/scottish...need-scrutiny/

"The Scottish Government is aiming to sign into law Part 4 of the Coronavirus Bill (Recovery and Reform) (Scotland). The legislation would permanently make all grounds for eviction discretionary"

Comment

Originally posted by boletus View Post
            That would be enough to make me sell up and quit.

So there's now EPC C and that.
            I wonder where my "just can't be bothered waiting for the other shoe to drop" threshold is?

When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
            Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by boletus View Post
              https://www.property118.com/scottish...need-scrutiny/

This has always been my fear in the back of my mind, however much they seem to get ..... they want MORE.

If that came in then i would be out 100%, that is even beyond my EPC C fears.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X