Bailiff delays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bailiff delays?

I have a warrant of possession from Nottingham court. The court unhelpfully can’t tell me how long it will take to appoint a bailiff. My solicitor is now asking me whether I want to through the high court to get the warrant enforced. Obviously this is at a greater cost, so I wondered if anyone on here knew how long Nottingham is taking at the moment?

thanks for any advice.

Have you tried asking the bailiffs ? In London they will tell you, as will HCEOs so you can compare.

Comment

Email the Bailiffs as you should get a response from them within a certain time period.

Comment

Asked the court and they said they couldn’t say due to fees office delays (??) and bailiffs leave arrangements.

Comment

As your solicitor suggests, you could get this transferred up to the High Court so that you have a HCO appointed but there is an additional court fee if this was ot requested at the time of your orginal court applictaion. I appreciate that this is more expense but if you have to wait 6 weeks for the bailiff how much rent etc will you lose in that time!

Comment

Originally posted by CStevens View Post
            As your solicitor suggests, you could get this transferred up to the High Court so that you have a HCO appointed but there is an additional court fee if this was ot requested at the time of your orginal court applictaion. I appreciate that this is more expense but if you have to wait 6 weeks for the bailiff how much rent etc will you lose in that time!
            That’s why I wanted an estimate of how long bailiffs are taking!

My solicitor outlined to me the process and costs of moving it to the high court, so I’m looking at a few weeks delay in moving it plus the costs. I estimate the cross over point is around 6 weeks.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X