Electric inspection issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric inspection issue

We have literally just relet our bungalow. The agent who handled the new let and the previous one, which only lasted a year due to the tenant having to go to a care home, asked for the initial inspection report from 10 years ago to apparently check against the new one done in May 21 . The whole place was rewired and totally upgraded. How come they didn't need the old certificate last year? New regs or inefficient?

That sounds more random than inefficient.
    I'd ask them why they think they need it.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Not every spark asks for previous reports.

it could be that simple

how long ago was the previous report?

Comment

I prefer not to give the old certificate - I have had an electrician just copy the figures and not actually do the inspection!

Tell them its irrelevant & don't supply it.

Comment

The previous inspection was 10 years ago! The latest one issued after a 40k refurb and rewire in May 21. Apparently it's"company policy" now and if not supplied can hold up first rental payment from new tenant. I've supplied it now but against my better judgement as it's out of date and irrelevant. Is it me??

Comment

How would you supply it, if you purchased the property a couple of years ago, you wouldn't have it and they would need to check the electrics. I would imagine they just wanted to save some time and test a few and if it's all reasonable then copy the rest from the old certificate.

If you had the place re-wired in May 21, did you not get a certificate then, should last at least 5 years......

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbob View Post
              Apparently it's"company policy" now and if not supplied can hold up first rental payment from new tenant.
              Explain to the agent that you will not do business with a company who threaten to withhold your money because of some moronic policy.
              That's not negotiable or acceptable (although it's very revealing).

They're your agent and owe you a duty to act on your behalf, not require you to send things that are none of their business.

And, no it's not you.

When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
              Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

In the case of a new build or complete rewire, it is acceptable to use the EIC instead of the EICR

Comment

Originally posted by ash72 View Post
                  How would you supply it, if you purchased the property a couple of years ago, you wouldn't have it and they would need to check the electrics. I would imagine they just wanted to save some time and test a few and if it's all reasonable then copy the rest from the old certificate.

If you had the place re-wired in May 21, did you not get a certificate then, should last at least 5 years......
                  My family have owned the little bungalow for over 65 years and it's been rented out for the last 10 since my father died. And yes it was completely rewired in 2021. Bizarre request as the agent has the latest test certificate.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X