Serving a section 8

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Serving a section 8

    I have a tennant who owes a number of months rent and who i belive no longer inhabits the property. They do not answer phone calls or texts.
    I therefore need to serve a section 8 notice on them. However they will not get the paperwork as they dont live at the property so how do i stand if i then have to go to court to get a posession notice.
    Anyone had experience of this.

    Post twice from two different post offices with free "proof of postage". Plus any email/Facebook/woteva you can use.

    You will have served notice to the address you have for them. Should be enuf.

    I'd also write with notice of inspection to see if there is evidence of them leaving....then go and have a look. Take a witness.
    I am legally unqualified: If you need to rely on advice check it with a suitable authority - eg a solicitor specialising in landlord/tenant law...


    Latest Activity