Washing machine problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washing machine problems

Our washing machine drum won’t spin so clothes don’t wash. The estate agents have asked us to check the filter but instead of it having a twistable cap, it has a flat red cap that won’t twist or pop out. We didn’t get given a manual and the brand no longer exists (it’s now hotpoint). We can’t get the filter out so are stuck without a washing machine. We’ve asked twice for a manual and they haven’t given us one so we can’t figure out what to do. Are they liable to fix it if they won’t provide us with a manual for us to do it ourselves?

thanks in advance for any help!

Is there a model number on the front? I've usually found that a google search for a manual with the model number does the trick.

Comment

If the washing machine is provided, the agent or landlord needs to pay somebody to look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by DPT57 View Post
        Is there a model number on the front? I've usually found that a google search for a manual with the model number does the trick.
        Unless it's very old, there's going to be a manual and spares sold online somewhere.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Take a bag of laundry to the agent and invite them to wash and return, until machine is repaired.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X