Advice for tenant asked for big rent rise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theartfullodger View Post
    Can't agree more: Such information (landlord, address..) should be available for free, 24/7, not requiring £3 spend.
    My tenants get a nice letter with my name and contact details on it, but I want them to talk to my agent, not me.
    I try and make it clear that the details are really only if they have a problem with the agent and need to talk to me.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Are we missing the point here, by passing the legally binding tenancy agreement which stipulates how and where notices, issues etc are meant to be sent to and addressed to, should be enough (otherwise what is the point of it all). If the LL instructs an agent to deal with a T, then that's who the T should go to, if a LL doesn't have a agent, and self manages it, then the tenancy agreement would have the LL's an address on it.

If a person (regardless if it's a prospective T or a T) wants to know who owns a property that's another matter, I know a number of corporate bodies who rent out properties and if you look on land registry it has a corporation name and has an overseas address, what help is this to a T who wants to discuss a rent reduction or increase? I know not all LL's have overseas addresses, hence why the tenancy agreement should contain the information which a T needs, nothing more and nothing less.

Comment

Originally posted by theartfullodger View Post
        Spend £3 with gov.uk land registry and get deeds which will get owner name and address then communicate directly
        Hmm..

https://www.landlordzone.co.uk/news/...aign-by-acorn/

A landlord who won £100,000 in damages from tenants’ union ACORN has spoken of her fear

“The tenant said she didn’t want to move in after paying a £300 deposit in early December 2020, so I explained that the signed tenancy was legally binding,” Rafique tells LandlordZONE, adding that the Deposit Protection Service had ruled in her favour.

However, two days later, 40 people turned up outside Rafique’s house, banging on her door, including the tenant, who demanded her money back while someone else filmed the confrontation.

“They talked to my neighbours and posted cards through their doors calling me a rogue landlord and also contacted some of my tenants,”

Comment

I personally gave a landlord a Royal Mail PO Box for any further correspondence wanting to keep my new house purchase address private. I personally wouldn’t like tenants knowing my home address from a landlord perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by ash72 View Post
            First of all you don't need to sign any renewal tenancy if you don't want it, the original tenancy will go periodic and the terms will be carried over each month automatically.
            That's not a real choice when the agent offers a new contract or a s21 notice.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X