Single parent renting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree, it is a good thread and i am looking forward to booking into the local multiplex to see Tom flying about.

What this thread does show in very graphic detail is how worst off those who do rely upon UC will be in the future, they are all in for a hard time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dct View Post
      boletus I am not earning anywhere near enough to act as her guarantor
      Do you own your own home?

Comment

jpkeates not wrong at all that's what she was told. Guarantors need to earn far more than she currently does so they can pay the rent if she can't,

Comment

boletus why?

Comment

boletus why?
            Because many landlords would consider a home owner an acceptable guarantor even if they only have a low income.

Comment

jpkeates not wrong at all that's what she was told. Guarantors need to earn far more than she currently does so they can pay the rent if she can't,
              The thing I was saying was wrong was that "she doesn't need" a guarantor.
              She needs all the positives she can get.

When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
              Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by DoricPixie View Post
                I have no idea if this is even realistic financially but has your friend looked into HTB shared ownership. If I was facing the prospect of having to rent long term in England's private rental sector I would seriously consider shared ownership as a way of getting more security of tenure. The only other way of getting that security would be to hang on to the bitter end once a landlord serves you a Section 21 and hope that the local authority will then house you.
                I will suggest it to her thank you

Comment

Over the years I’ve had many single parents and in the last 3 years I had 75% of tenants were single parents, the biggest problem I found was rent increases as they are already stretched to the limit , now I made a decision however wrong not to accept single parents preferring working couples .

Comment

I have also come to the conclusion that a single income is not sufficient to rent a property where my houses are. Paying all the rent and all the bills out of one income is just too much unless you are earning a huge wage. Although I have one single tenant at present I will be looking for couples as a preference in the future.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                    X