Statutory declaration DPS

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Statutory declaration DPS

    Does anyone have experience with DPS stat declaration? When returning the statutory declaration from to DPS is it just literally the form I am returning? Or, do I also send additional information at that time too? Many thanks

    #2
    The form needs to be signed by a solicitor (or notary) who’s checked your identity. But that’s it, from memory.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

    Comment


      #3
      Thank you JPKEATES. I was reading DPS T&Cs in line with the statutory Dec form and it seemed to suggest you send in reasoning with form and any calculations. DPS have now confirmed that the form alone will suffice with an opportunity to supply evidence later of need be.

      Comment


        #4
        It’s good to hear other peoples experiences with DPS with statutory declaration

        Comment


          #5
          I've just done one of these. You fill it in and a notary or solicitor will sign it and stamp it. Mine did it for free. Then you send it to the DPS.
          I'm doing another one today.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Berlingogirl View Post
            I've just done one of these. You fill it in and a notary or solicitor will sign it and stamp it. Mine did it for free. Then you send it to the DPS.
            I'm doing another one today.
            Thank you for your reply. £5 my solicitor charging which is the most they can charge I believe.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Lash View Post
              It’s good to hear other peoples experiences with DPS with statutory declaration
              They made me get one (£5 to charity) for a tenant that did a bunk abroad. But never returned my money and it's still sitting in DPS account 2 years later .
              Check out the genuine reviews on trustpilot and the many fake five star ones, lol.
              Crooks and thieves, I no longer take deposits just up rents a little to cover any potential loss

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Section20z View Post

                They made me get one (£5 to charity) for a tenant that did a bunk abroad. But never returned my money and it's still sitting in DPS account 2 years later .
                Check out the genuine reviews on trustpilot and the many fake five star ones, lol.
                Crooks and thieves, I no longer take deposits just up rents a little to cover any potential loss
                I'd be chasing that up with them.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Berlingogirl View Post

                  I'd be chasing that up with them.
                  Thanks for that, I'd appreciate if you would

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I'm not sure what the DPS could possibly do with the deposit money if they don't return it.
                    They can't acquire ownership of it, so they're just stuck looking after it.
                    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

                    Comment


                      #11
                      A notary or solicitor will charge between £7 - £15 to stamp the document, you should then scan it and send it to the DPS (that's what I do) as well as posting it (normal posting 1st or 2nd class), once they receive it (usually 5-10 days, to start their process) they will then wait 21 +1 days for the T to respond, if they don't then they will then sent the payment as a cheque (not sure why they can't bank transfer it), this can be a further 2-4 weeks, so it's not a quick process.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        The fees are fixed at £5 per person per affidavit, affirmation or declaration and £2 for each exhibit or schedule.

                        Comment

                        Latest Activity

                        Collapse

                        Working...
                        X