Outside car park lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outside car park lighting

Hi I am a resident in a shared accommodation block of 40 people and one of our car park lights is out of action
    our manager says this is service chargeable on our rent but we think the landlord should pay instead ,who is right please.

What kind of contract do you have for the shared accomodation and what does it say about chargeable services?

Comment

Yes, its a landlord expense. Pass the bill on to them.

Comment

At the end of the day someone will have to pay for this, to keep costs down (especially if it just need a new bulb or tube light) it's cheaper and quicker to get this done yourself or by your LL, the management company will most likely charge more than the cost of the item to get it fixed. This cost will then be reflected in your rent increase. I would just replace the item (if that is the issue) inform the LL that you have done so.

Comment

If you are a leaseholder - the landlord pays and you pay him back (via the service charge)

What exactly is a "resident in a shared accommodation block"??

Comment

Originally posted by Busman18 View Post
            our manager says this is service chargeable on our rent
            By which the manager can only mean that your rent already includes a service charge to cover such maintenance.

If that is the case then you are already paying for the maintenance and it's just a question of getting the landlord (or his manager) to do what you have already paid for.

Comment

As others have said, more info required. It is not clear from what you have said whether the relationship is tenant-landlord or leaseholder-freeholder.
              There is a fine line between irony and stupidity. If I say something absurd please assume that I am being facetious.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Buying a house - tenant in situ.
                by AndrewDod
                Don't touch it....
                11-08-2022, 13:40 PM
              • Buying a house - tenant in situ.
                by mizf1
                Good afternoon all

I wanted some advice on the below scenario.

I have come across a house which i'm interested in at a auction which has an attractive buy it now price compared to market value.

No viewings are available as i'm assuming the tenant is being awkward....
                11-08-2022, 11:51 AM
              • Reply to Winter of Unpaid Bills
                by nukecad
                The way that the payments work is that they will discount the DD's.

So the DDs will be taken at a reduced or zero amount, or the amount of the DD will still be taken and then (immediately) refunded back to the bank account.

The £400 is not being credited as a 'lump sum' but...
                11-08-2022, 13:01 PM
              • Winter of Unpaid Bills
                by jpucng62
                Does anyone think their tenants are ready for the huge rises in energy bills this winter? Given that unit prices are expected to more than double from where we are now (and that is a big rise already) does anyone think tenants really have a grasp on this?

With mortgage rates going up fast...
                10-08-2022, 10:50 AM
                by Jon66
                So you're thinking of buying a property with a tenant in place, you have not seen the TA, or 'special clause', have not confirmed what the tenancy is, not looked/seen the legal pack, not viewed the house, no survey, and have no idea as to condition.

My advice - don't touch it. The alternative...
                11-08-2022, 12:55 PM
                by theartfullodger
                Worse, tenant could have moved in years & years ago, actually a "rent act" tenancy, controlled, LOW rents and even more impossible to evict.

Ask tenant when they 1st moved in (unless other evidence e.g. when place built...). Don't believe vendor, agent, solicitor....
                11-08-2022, 12:54 PM
                by ash72
                There's a reason why it is being sold in an auction, be careful and do your homework before buying, could be a costly mistake.
                11-08-2022, 12:48 PM
              • Lifetime Lease
                by GaryBenn
                I purchased my father in laws flat 20 years ago where he has life time tenancy. He is now needing to go into residential care due to dementia which has followed a medical assessment and report. Can i sell the property when he enters residential care or do i need to wait until he dies?
                The property...
                11-08-2022, 12:46 PM
              • Can I get rent paid direct to me?
                by NaomiB
                My tenant was supposed to have left yesterday but she hasn't so this morning I posted my N325-eng form with the £130 for the bailiffs.

I am expecting the court to take about three weeks to issue the warrant and four to six weeks for the bailiffs to come so about two months or so. She...
                11-08-2022, 12:46 PM
                by jpkeates
                If the seller could evict the tenant, they would have done so.
                11-08-2022, 12:16 PM
              Working...
              X