Tenants pay rent late; how can I remove them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenants pay rent late; how can I remove them?

Tenants are paying up each month, albeit always late. They have countless breaches of contract including unprecidented DIY without agreement which is now causing further damage to the property.They have stopped post addressed to us at the property contrary to the rental agreement and they are witholding information relating to complaints against our agent.

We have proved that they have lied in thier attempts to decieve us and I am not too far away from proving that they have lied on the tenancy application. They have been very aggressive and threatening towards us but after informing the police and issueing a written warning they are now content with being profoundly awkward.

What are our chances of getting them out?

Serve s.8 Notice on grounds:
    11 (persistent late payment);
    12 (breach of non-rent obligations)
    13 (acts of waste damaging property)
    14 (conduct causing nuisance/annoyance)
    17 (false statements inducing grant of AST).

Whilst all these are only discretionary, be aware that:
    a. g14's inclusion enables you to start proceedings straight after service of Notice [= no waiting period]; and
    b. the breadth and weight of grounds/evidence should prevail on Court to make immediate Possession Order.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

I cant believe what ive just read.

Are you saying we stand a fair chance of seeing the back of them?

Comment

yep fair chance by the sounds of it. Depends what sort of defense the tenants have if any.

As it's discretionary the Judge can often be the deciding factor on the day!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X