Tenant using false identities

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Tenant using false identities

    I am in the process of evicting my tenant for G8/10/11. As this is the first time this has happened to me, I have had to learn a lot very quickly (mostly thanks to this website).

    It has become apparent that T registered with LA under a false identity and that they failed to properly vet him. I am in the process of sorting this out with the LA and the Ombudsman.

    I am biding my time while I await my court date, which was set 6 weeks after submitting the relevant forms to my local CC. During this time T sits in my property for free and I lose money. I have no doubts he will abscond the day before he is formally evicted, never to be seen again.

    From routine inspections, I know he has registered the phone line, cable subscription and various other subscriptions under false identities. (the bills were lying on the dining table - they were quickly tidied away when I noticed them). He probably has not paid any of his utilities or council tax which I registered with the details on the AST.

    Is there anything I need to/can do about the phone line, cable, utilities etc.?

    #2
    Originally posted by driver View Post
    Is there anything I need to/can do about the phone line, cable, utilities etc.?
    Just contact them as soon as you have possession, provide the new readings and date, and have the accounts put in your name from then. They'll hand it over to their debt collection arm to pursue the tenant for the debt, once they realise he's not going to pay.

    I don't think I'd get into all the detail about how you know the guy's using a false ID...

    Comment


      #3
      Might be an idea to try and find out where they will go after they leave yours.
      Best Regards

      PI Guy

      Comment


        #4
        I suspect he will not give/leave a contact address as he is being pursued by myself and others for his debt.

        I am really annoyed with this man and want to cause him as much difficulty as he has caused me!! That's why I want to write to all of the above companies about him.

        Comment


          #5
          If he drives then a tracker on his car for a couple of weeks will give you where he sleeps at night.
          Best Regards

          PI Guy

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by PI Guy View Post
            If he drives then a tracker on his car for a couple of weeks will give you where he sleeps at night.
            Interesting, Is that, er, legal for anyone to do?! Or something that you'd do on the quiet and simply not let on how you found them?

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Ericthelobster View Post
              Interesting, Is that, er, legal for anyone to do?! Or something that you'd do on the quiet and simply not let on how you found them?
              It's legal but you wouldn't want to be caught either cause most people like you think it's not (even the police assume its illegal but it's not)

              I do it all the time though not in this type of situation.
              Best Regards

              PI Guy

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by PI Guy View Post
                It's legal but you wouldn't want to be caught either cause most people like you think it's not (even the police assume its illegal but it's not)

                I do it all the time though not in this type of situation.
                What sort of kit does it involve - or is that divulging trade secrets?!

                Comment


                  #9
                  have a look here (yes it's my blog) http://www.salgadoinvestigations.com...o-track-a-car/
                  Best Regards

                  PI Guy

                  Comment


                    #10
                    You could just cable tie a pay as you go mobile handset (suitably weather proofed) to somewhere, and use one of the many tracking services to locate it later. Not as accurate,... but cheap!

                    Comment

                    Latest Activity

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X