how to make a ccj??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to make a ccj??

ive issued my section 21, tenants are meant to be out by 21st June 2008.

ive filled in the n5b form for accelerated procedure and im ready to proceed with this, if they are not out by 21st june 08

question is they have not paid me for May, and i dont think they are going to pay me in June. its always been a constant battle to get the rent.

So if im going ahead with the N5b as i need the house back asap. how can i claim for rent arrears. i want to issue a CCJ, can anybody kindly advise how i go about doing this. is there any forms i can fill in??

cheers

moneyclaim.gov.uk should help you
    What i write is what i think....If you need solid info PAY A SOLICITOR!!

Comment

Wait to the tenant leaves and issue an N1 form

Comment

Originally posted by porridge View Post
        Wait to the tenant leaves and issue an N1 form
        Does it matter if you do not have the tenant's forwarding address?

Comment

Originally posted by MaryQK View Post
          Does it matter if you do not have the tenant's forwarding address?
          nope.... it can be better!!
          What i write is what i think....If you need solid info PAY A SOLICITOR!!

Comment

Assuming that the tenant has left your premises at the time you issue the summons, I think you will need their new address. The Court has to contact them and ask for their reply to your summons.
            As I understand the system, the CCJ will apply to the ex-tenant at their new address and will undermine any efforts they may make to obtain credit at that address. The ex-tenants may wish to avoid this inconvenience and that might persuade them to pay arrears due to you.

Comment

Problem is how to get a fowarding address. Communication with my tenants is non-existent at the moment. I am in the process of S21, have rent arrears and they will not pick up their phone or answer any letters sent.

Comment

No forwarding address?

What happens if the tenant does a runner after the summons has been served and you have no forwarding address. Presumably the legal situation becomes a lot more serious for them?

Comment

Originally posted by albyskoons View Post
                  What happens if the tenant does a runner after the summons has been served and you have no forwarding address. Presumably the legal situation becomes a lot more serious for them?
                  Unfortunately not. It just means that the system becomes ineffective.

Comment

so if you dont have their forwarding address the money claim or ccj you try to put against them is a waste of time??

Comment

Yes. The Court will need to have your ex-tenants address in order to communicate with them. There are agencies which will track people down but you would then be spending serious money for an uncertain return.

Comment

Address avenues

Hi vik2001 - could these avenues help you find their address

local council via electoral roll

post office

their housing association

a friend or relation of theirs (to forward their mail)

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Renting rooms
                          by Luke
                          I have a three bedroom property in the U.K which I will rent out .
                          I have had an enquiry from a couple and a friend
                          I do not intend to live at the property
                          Would it be possible just to rent two rooms to them , on the understanding they have full access to the property ?
                          As its...
                          28-01-2022, 06:09 AM
                        • Reply to Is time more important than money?
                          by Lawcruncher
                          I am not suggesting it is the landlord's fault. I am just saying that, in some cases, if a tenant feels secure he is more likely to take care of a place....
                          27-01-2022, 23:02 PM
                        • Is time more important than money?
                          by jpucng62
                          Just had tenants move out of a property after 2 years. Always paid on time, perfectly pleasant young family who have now bought their own home BUT:

House was grimy - looks like they didn't clean properly in 2 years rather than anything overtly unpleasant
                          Garden was left in a mess...
                          27-01-2022, 17:20 PM
                        • Reply to Tenant not paying and letting agent mismanaged
                          by MdeB
                          That is because you have to do things properly for S21 to be valid.

Do everything properly and the S21 is valid.
                          Get one thing wrong and it is invalid. There are many things to get right....
                          27-01-2022, 22:54 PM
                        • Tenant not paying and letting agent mismanaged
                          by Beeble
                          We rented a flat out with the local branch of a national estate agent. They were charging a very low fee (that should’ve had my alarm bells ringing) and had a tenant immediately available. This was Dec2020/Jan2021 and the tenancy paperwork they sent to me was minimal.

Tenant moved in...
                          25-01-2022, 15:37 PM
                        • Reply to Deducting Cleaning Costs from Deposit
                          by Lawcruncher
                          The requirement comes from the tenancy terms. There are various reasons why a contract term may be void or unenforceable. They include: illegal; impossible; contrary to public policy; statute forbids them to be imposed; unfair. A requirement to keep a dwelling clean and leave it it clean is none of...
                          27-01-2022, 22:20 PM
                        • Deducting Cleaning Costs from Deposit
                          by Piffy
                          I use a Letting Agent. Recently the tenants vacated, prior to the tenants leaving when the letting agent did an inspection they advised the tenants that the property would need cleaning before they vacated. The tenants have now left, the place does need a good clean, the Letting Agents have said that...
                          27-01-2022, 11:30 AM
                        • Reply to Inherited a few rentals
                          by AndrewDod
                          Almost everything is telling you to sell them - far away, no experience, higher rate taxpayer, current environment
                          27-01-2022, 22:04 PM
                        • Inherited a few rentals
                          by Landlord7289
                          Hoping for some advice on this situation from people who may have been through similar...

I am inheriting 4 rental properties from my late father. Are there any tips or ideas people would share about this situation?

My situation is I am early 30s in full time employment, live...
                          25-01-2022, 15:02 PM
                        • Reply to Deducting Cleaning Costs from Deposit
                          by DoricPixie
                          Lawcruncher,

Why does a tenant need to leave the property in a reasonable state of cleanliness if the property wasn't in a reasonable state of cleanliness at the start of the tenancy? Where does the requirement come from? The deposit protection schemes don't appear to take that approach...
                          27-01-2022, 21:11 PM
                        Working...
                        X