Forgotten to protect deposit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
    The section 8 would simply bring the matter to a head early.
    The court is able to award the penalty to reduce any rent arrears during the possession claim hearing.

There is no possible way in 2021 to "forget" to protect a deposit.
    It takes about 5 minutes online (ignoring the Prescribed Information).

How is it not possible to forget to protect the deposit? The time it takes to do it isn’t relevant to whether you remember to do it or not,

Comment

Anyone any idea whether the tenant can take me to court or does it have ve the Credit unión who it is repayable to?

Comment

I posted this query before but no one seemed to know the answer, but I know there’s some keen landlord tenant legal eagles out there in the forum somewhere so I’ll give it another go…..

I’m the landlord of a property where the deposit was paid by and must be returned to a credit union….. I forgot to protect the deposit in time (I’ve now returned it to the credit union)…. my question is, as the deposit is not due back to the tenant, can the tenant still take me to court for not protecting in time?

thanks

Comment

Either the tenant or the credit union can take you to court for the deposit and penalty.
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X