Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theartfullodger
    replied
    When I bought a house in 2000 in the Highlands it came with a garage: Which had a car in it. Belonged to a neighbour, who used it to sleep in when he'd been in the pub too late & his wife locked him out. Took me 6 months to sort...

Leave a comment:

• robbo2233
    replied
    Thanks folks, everyone's advice is appreciated

Leave a comment:

• Piffy
    replied
    I knew someone who had this problem. They just went down and removed the garage door. ?

Leave a comment:

• Lawcruncher
    replied
    The agent has not thought this through. If you get an order for possession that will still leave you with the goods in the garage. An order is unnecessary. If the notice to quit was valid the tenancy has come to an end and you can enter. If the agreement says nothing about disposing of goods you have to got the route of the Torts (Interference with Goods) Act 1977.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Originally posted by robbo2233 View Post
    Agents have advised us to go to court for possession (as opposed to going down the Torts (Interference with Goods) Act 1977 route
    The agents seem to be confusing this commercial let with a residential let.

Your tenancy agreement should have terms allowing possession in the event of no rent being paid. And your notice should be enough if valid.

You can’t avoid the Interference With Goods Act, it’s the law and looks to be applicable.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    What does the tenancy agreement say about goods left behind? And about giving notice?

He could be sick, in hospital, jail, holiday........

Leave a comment:

• robbo2233
    started a topic Garage left filled with tenant's goods

Garage left filled with tenant's goods

Hi! Hoping the forum can advise me. We have a lock-up garage in a residential estate that had been let to an individual who ceased to pay monthly rental. Notice to quit was served by our letting agents Countrywide in October, and yet the tenant's goods still remain in situ. Agents have advised us to go to court for possession (as opposed to going down the Torts (Interference with Goods) Act 1977 route).

Can anyone advise me of how this works, and point me in the direction of a good template Letter Before Action? Any other advice? Please be kind, my first time in this situation

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X