Greetings, I Come in Peace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MdeB View Post

Don't trust an agent to do things right.

Remember that in law the buck stops with the landlord, not with the agent.
    This with bells on.

Comment

Originally posted by MdeB View Post

Don't trust an agent to do things right.
      My property portfolio has always been managed by agents, originally through necessity (I was a long way away), latterly through choice (I don't want to be available 24/7). I use small independent agencies and I keep them on a tight rein - but it works for me! I like to have that distance between me and the tenant and only a few, long term tenants have my number. It makes life much easier when you have difficult things to say to tenants!

Comment

Originally posted by jpucng62 View Post
        My property portfolio has always been managed by agents, originally through necessity (I was a long way away), latterly through choice (I don't want to be available 24/7). I use small independent agencies and I keep them on a tight rein - but it works for me! I like to have that distance between me and the tenant and only a few, long term tenants have my number. It makes life much easier when you have difficult things to say to tenants!
        This is pretty much me, although my agent is very good and doesn't need much "rein".

They have a high street presence, which tenants like (makes the agent more real) and have multiple people to answer phones.
        And they have a mostly female staff, which is a big plus for me.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpucng62 View Post

Is that not kind of the point. You use a letting agent but you still need to be on top of things and manage the letting agent. None of this I-don’t-need-to-know-what-I’m-doing-because-I’m-using-a-letting-agent-and-can’t-sit-down-and-wash-the-cash-roll-in attitudes seen by some first time landlords and frequently with those ‘accidental’ (vomit) landlords.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X