Tenancy inspection - more than one inspector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theartfullodger View Post

Yes tenant does: See this VERY long discussion on the matter on a usually helpful site...
    I don't believe they have any general right to refuse. They can prevent or decline access and it would be unwise for the landlord to press ahead under these circumstances. They also have a right to quiet enjoyment, but a landlords right to inspection won't conflict with this in normal circumstances. There will no doubt be exceptions from time to time, but its not a right the tenant has.

Comment

They have a specific right to refuse - not based on quiet enjoyment, but on exclusive use and right to exclude anyone, which is another implicit element of a tenancy.

But the tenant's right to refuse doesn't overcome the landlord's right to inspect.
      It's just that there's no practical way outside a court to resolve the conflicting rights.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

OK, yes, good point about exclusive possession which I hadn't considered.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X