X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landyman
    replied
    Originally posted by NewGuyOne View Post
    I've attached a simple sketch of the layout for you all to see, apologies for the drawing, my wife's the artist of the family.
    I'd use it when advertising your flat - it's better than some I've seen on Rightmove!

Leave a comment:

• NewGuyOne
    replied
    Originally posted by Interlaken View Post
    The H M Government recommended flat size for a 1 bed household is 39sq metres. Does this fit that sizing? And with a garden which is a bonus. Is this in London?

Not in London area. Thanks guys by the details and links I'm seemingly in the good books.
    Flat size is near 50m2.

Leave a comment:

• Section20z
    replied
    Unless it's in A selective licensing area it will be of no interest to the council anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Landyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Interlaken View Post
    The H M Government recommended flat size for a 1 bed household is 39sq metres.
    Or 37sq m if there is a shower room instead of a bathroom.

See the first row of Table 1 and Note 3 below, here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...space-standard

Leave a comment:

• Interlaken
    replied
    The H M Government recommended flat size for a 1 bed household is 39sq metres. Does this fit that sizing? And with a garden which is a bonus. Is this in London?

Leave a comment:

• NewGuyOne
    replied
    Originally posted by Landyman View Post
    Are you saying that the toilet and basin are out in the open, adjacent to the kitchen? Or are they in a separate room?

Does the room have a window? Or a fan ventilator?

It's had to visualise exactly what you mean. Could you sketch a simple floorplan and upload that here please.
    A separate room toilet and hand basin, next to the kitchen. The bedroom has a window, a small step up to a en-suite shower, which also has a ventilator inside.

I've attached a simple sketch of the layout for you all to see (good idea), apologies for the drawing, my wife's the artist of the family.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ash72
    replied
    If the property has planning/ building approval for the conversion years ago, then it is a valid flat. You may have issues on the number of occupants due to a min. room space requirement, but I doubt you are going to have more than 2 people in the property.

Leave a comment:

• DPT57
    replied
    A shower room and a separate toilet and washbasin sounds adequate for a 1 bedroom flat, but it depends on the details. Is the cloakroom basin big enough to wash in?

Leave a comment:

• Landyman
    replied
    Are you saying that the toilet and basin are out in the open, adjacent to the kitchen? Or are they in a separate room?

Does the room have a window? Or a fan ventilator?

It's had to visualise exactly what you mean. Could you sketch a simple floorplan and upload that here please.

Leave a comment:

• NewGuyOne
    started a topic Flat rental bathroom query

Flat rental bathroom query

Hello,

A rented flat with a toilet (of course) and basin next to the kitchen, and a bedroom with a quite small en suite - shower/basin/rail for towel ... Is this acceptable in a flat - with no additional separate bathroom?

Flat consists of 1 bedroom en suite, hallway, lounge, kitchen, and garden. House split into two flats many years ago ...

Thinking would the local council (housing or environmental health) try make myself the landlord build a bathroom somewhere around the property, or is this perfectly acceptable??

Thanks

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X