Eviction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eviction

I have never gone through the eviction process before and I have some anxiety about the process.

I want to evict tenants this year from a three-bed semi. This young family moved into an immaculate house two years ago, since then there have been several instances of damage, they live in filth and are hostile.

If I serve a section 21 with the required supporting documents, are there any further precautions that I should take and what pitfalls can I expect.

Make sure that the Section 21 is valid before you end up in court with egg on your face. The flowchart below (only valid for England) will help you confirm the notice is valid.

https://nearlylegal.co.uk/section-21-flowchart/

If you’re lucky the tenants will leave under their own steam but if not expect to take this all the way to court for a possession order and then to use county court bailiffs or high court enforcement officers to physically remove them from the property.

Comment

The process can be stressful and if you have some anxiety about the process you might be better paying a professional eviction service to do the work.
      They're not personally affected by the process and will do most of the work for you.
      If there's a hearing, the company can't represent you, but would either accompany you (court allowing) or recommend a solicitor.

There's every chance the tenants will stop paying rent.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Thanks for the constructive comments.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X