Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deposit query

Just a bit of advice if I may -

what is the likelihood of my landlord retaining any of my deposit if an inventory wasn’t done ?

Depends what sort of state you leave the property in. It is harder to prove anything without an inventory but if you trash the place or leave it filthy or full or rubbish you are likely to get a deduction taken.

Comment

Ok , thank you . I would never trash the place, and it’ll definitely be left cleaner than when I moved in.
      I’m just concerned that’ll they’ll try and pull a fast one .

Comment

They can't 'pull a fast one' they need evidence. If you are still there ask for a pre-move out inspection so the LL can tell you in advance of anything they might want rectified. Others take lots of photos when you leave and make sure you get an inventory in your next place.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by jpucng62 View Post
          They can't 'pull a fast one' they need evidence. If you are still there ask for a pre-move out inspection so the LL can tell you in advance of anything they might want rectified. Others take lots of photos when you leave and make sure you get an inventory in your next place.

Good luck
          Great , thanks for your advice .

I’ll take lots of pictures and videos after I’ve cleaned it all .

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Tenant would like loft conversion - dilemma
            by Hudson01
            To agree with the above comments, i would not do it. If your tenant came along with a whole load of other builders quoting for the same job then what are the chances you would pick him as being the very best bet ? Just because his is your tenant does not make him the ideal choice..... if anything it...
            20-01-2022, 15:24 PM
          • Reply to Greetings, I Come in Peace
            by jpucng62
            Also consider the date of the EPC - the assessment has change a lot since they came in 10 years ago and and old assessment may be out by quite a lot of points or may have had work done that is not reflected in the EPC.

I had a house lose 10 points in 10 years without anything else chan...
            20-01-2022, 15:22 PM
            by jpucng62
            Some upgrades are easy - LED light bulbs, loft insulation; others much more tricky - floor insulation; party wall insulation; some are just very expensive - external wall insulation.

The EPC assessment is not fit for purpose so it is really tricky to know what to do. What I wouldn't do...
            20-01-2022, 15:20 PM
          • Section 21 superseded new Section 21 - Landlord Vs Tenant 1 Vs Tenant 2
            by propster717
            Hi all,

I would be grateful for any advice:

I'm a landlord as follows:

AST - commenced 12/04/2021
            6 month fixed term, now contractual periodic (has not been renewed).
            Tenant 1
            Tenant 2
            (No children)
            Guarantor (relation of Tenant 1)...
            20-01-2022, 15:12 PM
          • Reply to Ending of a tenancy
            by Jon66
            I don't want to rain on everyone's parade, but I do not wait for tenants to move out before marketing the property, and I sign the new tenancy agreement providing the current tenant has not attempted to rescind the notice/everything seems to point to them leaving, when they said they would. A 6 week...
            20-01-2022, 15:07 PM
            by jpucng62
            The last 20 years may have been the 'golden years' for BTL. There is more regulation & higher taxation on BTLs; mortgage costs are going up; tenants are getting more rights & EPC C is coming.

The stock market is the place to go instead - £20k per year in an ISA means all tax is...
            20-01-2022, 15:07 PM
          • Reply to N244 Application Notice Q10 Evidence
            by rapid111111
            Thanks for the reply. This is a different case.
            The defendants are asking to set aside. Any paperwork sent to me has come from the courts only and not them.

I've provided the defendants and the court with paperwork in preparation for the hearing to set aside....
            20-01-2022, 15:03 PM
            by davetg
            I still can't think of a better thing to invest in even given all the new regulations. The lessons i have learnt are:-
            1) Never let to people on benefits.
            2) Don't over leverage your borrowing.
            3) Have access to spare funds for unexpected things like a new boiler being required or...
            20-01-2022, 15:00 PM
          • Reply to Possession hearing
            by davetg
            The two I have done were quite informal - the tenants didn't show up so I had to wait quite a while as they give every opportunity for them to arrive late.

I was shown into a room with the judge sitting at a big table and offered a seat on the other side of the table. The judge looked at...
            20-01-2022, 14:49 PM
          • Possession hearing
            by Gizmo1959
            I am a LL and am due to attend a Possession Hearing on one of my properties in March
            Would appreciate any information on what I need to take with me and what to expect when I get there
            Thanks
            20-01-2022, 14:22 PM
          Working...
          X