Tenants leaving house full of rubbish / posesions behind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The key point in terms of the '' return '' of the property is if the home owner states that the dumped goods are not his..... how would the '' fly tipper '' prove they were, and for information there are people out there who have killed for far less than placing all manner of junk onto their property, cast all your minds back a few months when a guy stabbed to death two of his neighbours because their car was blocking his drive..... there are some seriously dangerous people out there, it is not worth the risk, do it the easy and legal way, take pics, and now you know where he lives it should be easy.

Comment

I would get worked up if someone blocked my driveway but if they tipped my own stuff on the drive I'd be embarrassed. Easy enough to prove it's his by photos of the items in the rental property. As they've been tenants presumably OP would have an inkling if they were type to beat him up for it.

Comment

Stop and think about just what you are proposing.

The cost of a skip to take it round and dump it on their drive/garden is going to be just the same as the cost of a skip to remove it to the tip.
        (or the cost however you move/remove it).

So the only thing that you are proposing doing here is getting some vacuous revenge.

And that's likely to end in trouble, even violence. (Taking revenge is how feuds start).

Comment

Originally posted by nukecad View Post
          vacuous revenge.
          What is being discussed here involves forethought and planning.

Revenge, yes* (partly). Vacuous, no.

* IMHO ; opinions may differ
          There is a fine line between irony and stupidity. If I say something absurd please assume that I am being facetious.

Comment

Or a learning experience. He can't take it to the tip now, he has to store it for a reasonable period first in case they want it back. I think the only way he can get rid of it quickly is to return it to him?

Comment

Agreed on that. Torts (Interference with Goods) Act 1977 precludes disposing of it legally. Not sure how taking it to the tenants new address would be viewed in the context of that legislation - but I think it would be more favourably than the former option.
              There is a fine line between irony and stupidity. If I say something absurd please assume that I am being facetious.

Comment

Originally posted by doobrey View Post
                What is being discussed here involves forethought and planning.
                Sorry,

premeditated revenge then, but I'm not sure that doesn't just make it worse for potentially unwanted consequences.

I understand the dificulties with tort, but don't think the ex-tenant would view having it dumped at his new place favourably.
                No matter how favourably a court would regard it or not, they wouldn't come out /come round to thump you, or stab you, or worse.

Comment

Originally posted by nukecad View Post
                  The cost of a skip to take it round and dump it on their drive/garden is going to be just the same as the cost of a skip to remove it to the tip.
                  (or the cost however you move/remove it).
                  It doesn't cost £300 to make a few trips in my own vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by doobrey View Post
                    he farmer I mentioned in post #5 was Stuart Baldwin.
                    He gave the guy a deadline to collect his property before returning it.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                    X