Multiple issues in what we hoped would be an ideal house.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12month FT
    before going to a rolling.

I couldn't see any break clause when going through the TA
    the truth is however that this is by far and away the biggest property within a 10 mile radius for rent
    other than HMO

and I obviously pay a premium for that

unfortunately looking at what is around are all worse condition and glorified sheds..
    very frustrating

but it will be a good few years until Im able to buy,

Comment

There's a protocol on the Shelter website that is a process that they are confident will allow you to get work done, pay for it and deduct the cost from the rent.
      It's quite detailed and fairly slow, but it should allow you to do what you need.

What was the result of the search on the land registry for the owner's name?

Have you written (paper letter in an envelope) to the agent requesting the landlord's name and address?

Have you contacted the local authority to report the issues?
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Orangepedal when you request the landlord's contact details are you specifically writing that you are requesting them under s1 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985? How have you reported the repairs? Only by email or have you written to the address for the serving of notices given in your tenancy agreement?

5 months on and I would be on the phone to Shelter Cymru and the council's environmental health department.

Comment

I'll check out the shelter guidance today in that case.

Upon looking at the registry it brought up the LL investment company and their names as proprietors
          With an address. I guess their home, but not sure.

No, my request for information was informal.

I Will however write a physical letter recorded delivery using the correct wording and act.

EH Locally have already said they Will gladly step in
          I've held off letting them as I know it's a high chance of s21 at earliest legal moment

But with no repairs
          No eicr
          No GSC
          No EPC
          and if EH involved

I Suspect they'd have a hard time ticking the s21 boxes.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X