Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rent Repayments From Covid Payment Holiday

Hi,
    I am looking for guidance on whether there is a deadline for tenants to repay their 3 month payment holiday during covid ? I have read the govt information which indicates that between tenant and landlord a repayment plan is to be agreed but I have held off pushing this to ensure my tenants are in a more financially stable position but conscious if there is deadline legally. They are also moving out so want to ensure the process is at least initiated but the govt advice seems a little generic. Any advice appreciated.

There's no statutory deadline, it would depend on what you agreed with your tenants.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

What was the written agreement between you and the tenant when you gave them the holiday?

Comment

There was nothing official it was a suggestion, as LL's who had mortgages were given the holiday from their provider. It all depends upon what you had agreed with your T, and the payment plan.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X