Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ash72
    replied
    Was the T in the property when the GS check was being conducted, as usually the engineer will have given them a copy of it at the time.

Leave a comment:

• royw
    replied
    I would include a paper copy with the S21.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Sparkle View Post
    My AST states that by signing the agreement, the tenant agrees that email is a valid method of serving documents such as the GSC, EPC, EICR etc. I also use a online signing service which logs when the guest opens and emailed documents. Is this sufficient?
    The Gas regulations don't mention email, so it's impossible to be 100% sure.
    You'd hope a court would be reasonable.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Sparkle
    replied
    Originally posted by theartfullodger View Post
    No idea if the GSC you have is OK or not (1st place, you don;t say) or what the timing is for when it should be served. So difficult to answer.

But...

s8 not an issue

s21 see
    https://nearlylegal.co.uk/section-21-flowchart/

- there's a lot more that GSC for getting s21 valid...
    There were no issues, the GSC states that everything is safe.

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
    There's not normally an issue with the gas certificate timing other than the very first one.
    That said email is not how you give people documents like that, unless the tenant has agreed to be served them by email.
    Thank you for the help.

My AST states that by signing the agreement, the tenant agrees that email is a valid method of serving documents such as the GSC, EPC, EICR etc. I also use a online signing service which logs when the guest opens and emailed documents. Is this sufficient?

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    There's not normally an issue with the gas certificate timing other than the very first one.
    That said email is not how you give people documents like that, unless the tenant has agreed to be served them by email.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    No idea if the GSC you have is OK or not (1st place, you don;t say) or what the timing is for when it should be served. So difficult to answer.

But...

s8 not an issue

s21 see
    https://nearlylegal.co.uk/section-21-flowchart/

- there's a lot more that GSC for getting s21 valid...

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Sparkle
    started a topic Section 21 and Gas Certificate

Section 21 and Gas Certificate

About 3 weeks ago I had a gas certificate issued.

I forgot to email the tenant a copy of the document.

I plan to evict the tenant with either a Section 8 or 21 and want to know whether there is any issue regarding the delay to give the tenant the gas cert?

There appears to be a new rule each week, so I thought I'd better check whether there is a deadline to giving the certificate?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X