Curtain poles in windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curtain poles in windows

Hi all. Wonder if you can advise. I gave a fully unfurnished property to a tenant and they were aware of it. Now they have moved in, they have asked if I can get all poles bought and fitted in the rooms for curtains. It will be added cost for me to buy 6 poles and fitting cost ect. What is best way to respond to this request please?

Its entirely up to you - they rented the place as seen so there is no requirement for you to put up poles. You may see it as an improvement you want to make to make your property more attractive or you make think that if you give in to this then they will be asking for other things too. You could let them put up poles themselves - but that might make a mess and they might take them when they leave.

A compromise might be to put them in the lounge, where they would make the most difference.

Comment

I'd be getting it done, it normally involves drilling concrete lintels which is too risky to trust to a tenant and otherwise they'll be using nails or gaffer tape
      DO it once and they'll be there for life.

Comment

I would do it too. Every tenant will want either curtains or blinds. If you leave it to them you'll end up with multiple holes in the wall as they'll take them away when they go.

Comment

Thank you all much. Your advice all makes sense and I am in same agreement that I should get this done myself. It will be done to the standard I want and they will always s stay for next tenants. Thank you once more. 😊

Comment

Agree, i put wooden batons above each window but no poles, it is only a matter of a tenant putting wood screws in the baton if they want a pole, most do not as i supply blinds, but allowing a tenant a drill and drill bits scares the hell out of me.

Comment

Put them up, I'm surprised you don't already have them, as when my property is empty I prefer that people can't see inside. If you decide remember to add an amendment to your inventory that your installed new curtain poles.

Comment

A few of mine had curtain poles when I bought them. These got broken fairly soon, and I replaced with 2" horizontal venetian blinds. These seem to work okay, and can be washed in the bath if short enough.
                To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

My flat already had curtains when I bought it, so I left them in. Then my very obliging first tenant installed vertical blinds all round, which he left when he went to say at Her Majesty's Prison . I have left them in for all other tenants since.

In response to the OP, I would put the poles up.

Comment

I put up metal poles from toolstation. Any curtain ring will fit unlike plastic runners which always have the wrong clips.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                    X