Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Codger
    replied
    It is not usual for visitors to bring pets. I am quite old and no vistors have ever asked to bring pets to my home.

Leave a comment:

• Section20z
    replied
    Landlord is the relevant party and presumably knows his lease so as long as she has his consent there's no problem and it certainly won't affect any reference
    Just because 3 old biddies are worried about their cats doesn't mean they can dictate rules

Leave a comment:

• landlord-man
    replied
    theartfullodger,

A bit tiresome you keep quoting Thatcher lol - I think we've picked up on your dislike lol

Better simply to stick to the terms of the Lease.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Does your sister think she might ever want a good reference?

Sadly thanks to Thatcher's 1988 Housing act a landlord may evict a tenant for no reason at all. No reason required.

Apologies but just wanting to point out reality.

Best wishes to all & all pets.

Leave a comment:

• jase222
    replied
    If the tenancy or the building management say no pets, they mean no pets end of.
    I had the same a dad brought his small dog in the house for the weekend and destroyed the laminate.

Leave a comment:

• ash72
    replied
    The LL shouldn't have agreed without reading the lease, if there is a no pet policy, then the management company are within their rights to enforce it, as the LL would be in breach of the terms.

You are better off finding another person to look after the dogs, or you both spend xmas in a place where pets are allowed (cottage).

Leave a comment:

• landlord-man
    replied
    I wouldnt want a pet in unfamiliar surroundings next to my flat if I was living there - and certainly not over Christmas.

Kennels!!

Leave a comment:

• DPT57
    replied
    Your sister could put them in kenels over Xmas.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    The building management would have to take it up with the landlord, as they have no relationship with the tenant, who has the landlord’s permission, which is all she needs.

On the other hand, if the landlords lease doesn’t allow animals to stay there, they may try to compel the landlord to evict your sister.

Leave a comment:

• Katarzyna1984
    started a topic Cant accept visitors with pets

Cant accept visitors with pets

Hello everyone,

I am new here and I hope someone will be able to answer my question and help me out. My sister lives in rented property (flat) and she asked her landlord for a permission to accommodate my other sister with two dog for Christmas period. Landlord said he is ok with it but management of the building ( 3 older ladies ) said they don’t agree and my sister can’t come over with dogs. My question is…is there anything I can do to help her out? Is there any kind of law or regulations I can confront management with so they will allow the dogs?

thank you

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X