X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pets in a let property

Hi,

can anyone else me?

in my tenancy agreement it says we can have a pet as long as the landlord is ok with it.

landlord has said she is happy to consider a pet.

the estate agents are now saying we cannot have a pet because the building management won’t allow pets.

there are currently pets in my apartment blocks so I questioned it. For them to come back saying yes they’re aware there are pets in the building?

not only that, no where in my contract does it mention building management , only the landlord?

I get maybe we do have to go through them also, however if there are already pets in the building that so called “don’t allow pets” then surly this is contradicting and we should be considered and be granted permission?

surly it’s not one rule for one and a different rule for another? I’ve had landlord permission, the building management KNOW there are pets in the building.

please can someone help me? Am I going insane ???? It’s not fair and I’m loosing my mind. I do have written proof in all this too.

Not only that, after speaking to neighbours, they advised building management never have had any issues with it and they don’t really mind/care.

Comment

The estate agents work for the landlord and you have the landlord's permission.
      So you can probably ignore the letting agents.

If the management company do have an issue with it, they'll have to address it via the landlord.
      It's quite possible it's a policy that isn't enforced unless the pet turns out to be a nuisance (like a dog that barks constantly).
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Thank you so much!!!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X