What’s the wait time for a S8 COURT proceeding

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What’s the wait time for a S8 COURT proceeding

    Hi I had my court hearing today at 12

    I couldn’t go due to myself catching Covid

    I got £4000 rent arrears due to non work of me being ill , and I sent off a dispute for the s8 aswell to my local courts

    And I’ve found a new property goung through new referencing now as we speak.

    how long will it take for the current house for them to remove me from the property?

    regards
    b x

    #2
    It depends on lead times for bailiffs in your particular area.
    If possession was ordered, there's a minimum of a fortnight before bailiffs can be arranged, often the court papers take longer than that to emerge.
    So, several weeks at a minimum.

    I can't imagine your referencing paperwork can be truthful.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

    Comment


      #3
      And the costs of the bailiffs will be added to your debt too so you might want to leave before then.

      Comment


        #4
        I am leaving this property today as my referencing has been complete.

        Comment


          #5
          Speak to Free Shelter helpline 0808 800 4444 please. That debt needs avoiding...
          I am legally unqualified: If you need to rely on advice check it with a suitable authority - eg a solicitor specialising in landlord/tenant law...

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by theartfullodger View Post
            Speak to Free Shelter helpline 0808 800 4444 please. That debt needs avoiding...
            Or paying!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by jpucng62 View Post

              or paying!

              no as the property is a ***** tip

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by theartfullodger View Post
                Speak to Free Shelter helpline 0808 800 4444 please. That debt needs avoiding...
                I got a new house today anyways ! So I’ll be dodging this debt LOL

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by jpucng62 View Post
                  And the costs of the bailiffs will be added to your debt too so you might want to leave before then.
                  already have moved this afternoon

                  Comment


                    #10
                    So just to be clear, you owe £4000 in arrears (which you are going to skip paying), the LL is going down the eviction route, and another LL has taken you on ....... with truthful referencing ?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by betsy2040 View Post
                      no as the property is a ***** tip
                      Another point i am a little confused by, was the property a **** tip when you viewed it, and if so ..... why did you agree to rent it ? And if not, that only leaves the undeniable option that you made it the **** tip is has now become ?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Fake thread? Lots of inconsistency here.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Hudson01 View Post

                          Another point i am a little confused by, was the property a **** tip when you viewed it, and if so ..... why did you agree to rent it ? And if not, that only leaves the undeniable option that you made it the **** tip is has now become ?
                          I spent thousands trying to do the house up and it still looked vile. Trust me windows blown the lot , leaks everything

                          is never damage someone’s property ,

                          i had a mortgage for 24 years

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by jpucng62 View Post
                            Fake thread? Lots of inconsistency here.
                            real thread luv

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Hudson01 View Post
                              So just to be clear, you owe £4000 in arrears (which you are going to skip paying), the LL is going down the eviction route, and another LL has taken you on ....... with truthful referencing ?
                              Yes Correct

                              Comment

                              Latest Activity

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X