Domestic Electrical Installation Periodic Inspection Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Domestic Electrical Installation Periodic Inspection Report

Hi all. I'm in the process of changing tenants through my property managers. They sent me an email that said:

"The certificate we have on file is for the 17th Edition standards BS 7671 : 2015, for the purpose of Lettings an electrical certificate needs to be 18th Edition standards and valid for 5 years. An example of which is below snipped from a valid cert: It must be to BS 7671 : 2018 or BS 7671 : 2018 (2) and not BS 7671 : 2015 which is 17th Edition standards."

I'm a little confused. My understanding is that the 18th edition is the most up to date version. However, the 17th version that we had carried out in 2018 is still valid for the full 5 years? Our previous property managers also requested a valid EICR in November 2020 and deemed that same one we have now as satisfactory.

Has there been a law change recently? Any advice much appreciated. What with EICR and HMOs, it all gets very confusing ... Thanks!

If you read the legislation is refers to inspections to the 18th edition

ive found that some LAs will accept older EICRs and some insist on new ones

Comment

Probably best to be on the safe side and get a new certificate because there is some new relevant legislation such as anti surge devices

Comment

Originally posted by flyingfreehold View Post
        Probably best to be on the safe side and get a new certificate because there is some new relevant legislation such as anti surge devices

Which aren't required in the majority of homes

Comment

But may stop prevent quite a lot of electronics being damaged by overvoltage?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X