Schedule Of works v Improvement Notice v S21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedule Of works v Improvement Notice v S21

We are preparing our S21 paperwork to remove an unwanted tenant in an HMO.

The tenant has called the LA to get advice, they then called the council, the Private Sector Housing Officer wants to visit next Wednesday.

Almost certainly the council will issue a "Schedule of Works" even if its small minor things to comply with HMO regs

​​​​​​AN "Improvement Notice" will invalidate a S21.!!

Is a "Schedule of works" the same as an Improvement notice??

Ie has the tenant called the council deliberately to stop us serving the S21??

Originally posted by Paul V View Post
    Ie has the tenant called the council deliberately to stop us serving the S21??
    Quite possibly, but there needs to be more than that to happen.

First of all, calling the council isn't enough to trigger the retaliatory eviction provisions, the tenant has to have pointed out the issues in writing to the landlord and not received a satisfactory reply within 14 days.

And the notice issued subsequently by the local authority has to be one of:
    a notice served under section 11 of the Housing Act 2004 (improvement notices relating to category 1 hazards),
    OR a notice served under section 12 of that Act (improvement notices relating to category 2 hazards), or
    OR a notice served under section 40(7) of that Act (emergency remedial action);

So anything other than one of those notices won't have any effect on the notice.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Get your s21 notice in quick.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X