Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    6 months then periodic. Safer.

Leave a comment:

• Pocahontas
    replied
    Thanks everyone.

This is my first time renting out and the flat has been newly decorated. Tenancy wise I’m thinking 12 months initially and then probably longer.

I think I will allow pictures but not go as far letting them drill holes for brackets or heavy mirrors.

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    If you don't want mounting bracket holes then you could specify in the TA that they only use 'Command Strips' or similar.

Pictures, etc, no problems.

You can get them that will take the weight of a TV on a bracket, if used correctly. (and if the TV isn't a massive one).

Leave a comment:

• Hudson01
    replied
    Yes, i would not be bothered by the usual holes for pictures etc. It is after all their home.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Depends on state of property (eg different for just decorated pristine high-end, just rented on 6 month AST than for a property tenant has been in for 25 years and is pretty run down).

And if the hole would be of benefit to me.. (eg for high-quality new curtain-rail replacing terrible rough old junk..).

And would I trust tenant to drill hole & use fixings properly... ...

i.e. there is no one universal answer...

Leave a comment:

• Lesney Park
    replied
    Pictures, small brackets I say yes. Unreasonable to say no imo.

Bigger things, ie TV brackets though I say no as a succession of them on the same wall would turn it to Swiss cheese.

I provide touch-up paint for any holes to be later filled

Leave a comment:

• Pocahontas
    started a topic Holes in walls

Holes in walls

Hello

What is the general consensus for letting tenant put holes in the walls for things such as pictures, paintings etc?

Is it a straight no? Or do you allow some leeway?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X