Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ex tenant and arrears

Hello All

I have issued multiple CCJs. Three of them are still unpaid.

I have also issued Third Party Debt Order which was successful.

But the ex T. still owes me money and more claims are to be issued .

I have asked for the deposit but the ex. T ignored my request and demands a complete breakdown of the bailiffs charges, interest and what exactly bailiffs paid me. There were quite a lot of claims. It is quite a job. He does not have any docs related to court orders because he put them all in the bin without reading them. He wants me to do all the work for him now. He said he won't pay me now (meaning never) just wants this info for his own purposes.

I suspect he wants to know how much I can take from his bank via another Third Party Debt Order.

If he does not want to pay his outstsnding CCJs why should I waste my time preparing all the information ?

I wonder what other landlords would do. Do nothing ?

Why have you got multiple orders against the same T, and more to add? Seems odd.....

Comment

I'd point out that he's had a complete breakdown and put it in the bin.
      You're not obliged to do any more than the court requires you to do.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Does your court order specify the deposit should be released to you?

Comment

Ash72 - I was issuing claims for the arrears on MCOL every 2 months. If had issued them after the eviction he would not have paid a penny. He is not even based in England/Wales now.

Boletus - it does not. He still owes more than 6k in rent. The court order was in Dec last year and he was evicted just recently. He did not pay the rent.

JPKeats - I agree. He had pre action letters, letters from the bailiffs with all their charges etc. He ignored them.

My inclination is not to reply to his email. He wants to blame me for not giving him this info to get his deposit back. He has not raised a dispute yet but I am sure he will do it the last minute.

Comment

I think the tenant is enjoying this.
            When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
            Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

The tracing company has found the new address of my ex Tenant. Can I add this cost to the pre action letter regarding rent arrears ?

Comment

Yes you can.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X