LL feeling sorry for those tenants who work......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPT57
    replied
    Originally posted by ash72 View Post
    By the way I don't want to reduce the rent, as their is now a selective licencing and all other costs which just keeps mounting up.
    With respect, your costs are irrelevant. The market rent is the market rent and if yours is priced above it, you won't get much serious interest.

Leave a comment:

• boletus
    replied
    Originally posted by nukecad View Post
    If you are not getting applications from working people then there has to be another reason. (Location, condition, price, where you are advertising,....?)
    Yep, nailed it.

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    Don't you think that these non-working applicants would be applying for flats at LHA if there were any?
    LHA isn't exactly generous, and having to find another £100 is going to be a struggle for someone on benefits.

I understand, you just don't want applications from non-workers.
    But that goes with the job - you advertise, people apply, you weed through the aplications.

I also can't see the link you seem to be making between getting benefits applicants and not getting working applicants?
    Do you think that the benefits applicants are somehow discouraging the workers? (Who don't even know who else has applied)

I am only get people who are unemployed
    If you are not getting applications from working people then there has to be another reason. (Location, condition, price, where you are advertising,....?)

Ask yourself why those workers just don't want to rent your particular flats? (Location, condition, price, where you are advertising,....?)
    If they wanted to rent your flats then they would be queueing up and applying.
    Or, unlikely as it sounds, perhaps there are no workers looking for rentals in that area?

Leave a comment:

• landlord-man
    replied
    Google Forms !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Design your own FREE pre-application form and give the link to anyone who enquires.

MAKE SURE YOU MARK IN SETTINGS THAT RESPONSES CANNOT BE SEEN BY OTHERS

You can even design the form to do different actions based on the answers given - so someone in receipt of LHA may be asked extra questions or someone in full-time employment might be directed to others.

You get an email when a form has been submitted so have very little to do - if you get 100 applications then the form results can easily and quickly show you the more appropriate ones to show the property to.

You should register with ICO too.

One thing that puzzles me though - you say your rent is too high for working people, you don't want LHA and you don't want to reduce your rent - in which case, you're screwed !!!

Leave a comment:

• boletus
    replied
    Set it at the right price and word your rental adverts correctly.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson01
    replied
    Could you simply keep interviewing prospective tenants until some working examples turn up ? There must be some out there......

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Write your advert in Polish & Romanian. You won't get many benefit recipients then.

Leave a comment:

• ash72
    replied
    By the way I don't want to reduce the rent, as their is now a selective licencing and all other costs which just keeps mounting up. And don't want to reduce the rent as this will just open the flood gates to anyone unemployed into enquiring and don't want to spend the day rejecting people.

Leave a comment:

• ash72
    started a topic LL feeling sorry for those tenants who work......

LL feeling sorry for those tenants who work......

Just an observation I've noticed, I've suddenly and unexpectedly have 3 flats which the current T's have given notice on. I have now advertised them, and I am only get people who are unemployed and getting LHA benefits, these are all advertised above the LHA's to deter them from applying (but doesn't as they are only £100 more than the LHA rate). This is having a -ve impact as I can't push the rent any higher as I just wont get anyone. But this is pricing out those working T's from applying, it may be just me, but I feel sorry for those working T's who can't afford the rent, but those on benefits can......

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X