X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderator2
    replied
    Hooper,

Just post a new thread, I’ll lock this one for now, then remove it when the new thread gets going.

Just to be clear (to everyone), here are some reasons why threads with names are edited or deleted.
    1. It can (and has) lead to legal action against forum members and/or LLZ, which proves to be very costly. LLZ owners are no longer prepared to accept that risk / cost.
    2. It’s typically a single sided point of view, LLZ do not want to commit the resources necessary to verify what is presented in the thread which would often require contact with the other parties.
    3. In some cases, GDPR may require LLZ to contact other parties who may demand that the information posted is removed.
    4. It is common with threads that contain names and other details, for the OP to demand that the thread is removed when they have all the responses they want.
    5. There are plenty of past threads created by competing companies for the sole purpose of damaging the reputation of their competition.
    6. Frequently the names of individuals / companies are of no interest to the LLZ membership, and the have little or no bearing on the replies.
    Sometimes threads can be so heavily peppered with names that it is impractical to attempt to edit without losing much of the meaning of the thread (not so in this case). In that situation the OP has the option to make their own edits (if time allows), PM me with the details of the edit, re-post the thread, or just leave the thread running.

Leave a comment:

• Hooper
    replied
    Originally posted by Kape65 View Post
    I'm confused, are they 2 references from the same LL/agent?
    Yes - both references received 2 days apart from the dedicated referencing department of a national group of letting agents.

Leave a comment:

• Hooper
    replied
    Originally posted by Moderator2 View Post
    Hooper, no more names please, you have been a forum member long enough to know better.
    With respect, the editing has changed the nature of my posts and title and it is not entirely clear to a reader what has and has not been edited. I am not happy with the posts or title as edited being attributed to me. I think the response a couple of posts up demonstrates that the edits have made it confusing. May I politely request that you delete the thread? I think it is important and helpful information, relevant to every landlord who seeks references from agents, so I will consider how to present this purely factual information in a manner which is less controversial to the moderators.

Leave a comment:

• landlord-man
    replied
    Interestingly, the term - "client account coordinator" letting agents - entered into Google only returns one letting agency who uses that job title.

Obviously, pure coincidence though

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Originally posted by JK0 View Post
    Are you going to tell us which was which?
    You've not had friends or relatives who were what used to be called split personality?

Half a mind to say one thing half a mind to say another?

Leave a comment:

• Kape65
    replied
    I'm confused, are they 2 references from the same LL/agent?

Leave a comment:

• Moderator2
    replied
    Hooper, no more names please, you have been a forum member long enough to know better.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Hooper,

I meant are they telling the truth to individual landlords or to referencing companies?

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    You can't post this kind of stuff on this forum.
    No one can afford to defend a defamation claim.

Leave a comment:

• Hooper
    replied
    They are both headed {Name Removed} and come from the same {Name Removed} email address.

Both correspondents sign off as Client Account Coordinator.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Are you going to tell us which was which?

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    No surprise. One reference came from someone more interested in getting shot of these people than being a decent honourable citizen.

Leave a comment:

• Hooper
    started a topic Tenant references are a joke.

Tenant references are a joke.

I made two separate requests (one direct and one through a referencing company) for a landlord / agent reference for the same tenant at the same address.

I got two replies two days apart.

The first said they had always paid within 7 days of the payment date and that there had never been any arrears.

The second, sent two days later, said that they were currently in arrears, there had been arrears since March 2020 (the tenancy began in Aug 2020) and no payment plan has been agreed.

How can this be so difficult for them to get right?

Do they have no idea how reliant their tenants are on their references?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X